Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 22-23 Snow/Ice Observations

moneypitmike

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Will temps fall inland or is it more for coastal areas that have been “roasting” so to speak 

Yeah, it's more going to be those eastern areas that ticked up into the mid 30s today. Think BVY and BOS. You may see interior sites drop a degree or so too, but it will be more significant to the east.

Interesting ride down 89&93 to Logan. Started out around 1:30 or so and had measured 5”. Local roads we relatively crappy but when I got on 89 at exit 6, the driving lane was pretty clear. This was the type of snow that blows off the road decently. I seemed to move in and out of heavier bands as I drove southeast. Less and less snow as I went further south but still slushy and a little slow. Stopped at the liquor store/rest area between CON and MHT and it was moderate to heavy from time to time. By the time I got to 495 the road was pretty clear. Chucked a few as I drove past KGAY on 93 and noticed what seemed to be a strong weed odor. Not sure what Ray was up to :pimp:  Heading into the tunnels it was not doing anything and the car thermo read 37. Did the classic rookie mistake and got shut out of the exit lane for Logan and had to backtrack. Includiding the 20 minutes at the rest area, the drive took about 4.5 hours. Not horrible. 

27 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Interesting ride down 89&93 to Logan. Started out around 1:30 or so and had measured 5”. Local roads we relatively crappy but when I got on 89 at exit 6, the driving lane was pretty clear. This was the type of snow that blows off the road decently. I seemed to move in and out of heavier bands as I drove southeast. Less and less snow as I went further south but still slushy and a little slow. Stopped at the liquor store/rest area between CON and MHT and it was moderate to heavy from time to time. By the time I got to 495 the road was pretty clear. Chucked a few as I drove past KGAY on 93 and noticed what seemed to be a strong weed odor. Not sure what Ray was up to :pimp:  Heading into the tunnels it was not doing anything and the car thermo read 37. Did the classic rookie mistake and got shut out of the exit lane for Logan and had to backtrack. Includiding the 20 minutes at the rest area, the drive took about 4.5 hours. Not horrible. 

come on man, it's Boston. you have to force your way over, just like everyone else does. if they can smell your fear, it's all over.

Archived