Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 22-23 Snow/Ice Observations

moneypitmike

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I'm over in boscawen and snow Growth has dramatically improved in the last half an hour.  Moderate snow with great growth now

Very interestingly enough, Gray just boosted numbers for CON, MHT, and PSM to 9-10" range. Snow rate will have to improve around here quicker if we want to reach that.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The burst of good lift should happen this aftn. You can see the snow shield developing SE in NY state. I expect the snow to pick up in SNH after 2-3pm.

Models are showing this nicely too. I don't see many snowstorms so I get super impatient early on lol.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's possible the GFS may  be a little robust there, but you being more east should help a bit too, as isentropic lift moves in from SW-NE. Give it a chance ...lol.

Lucy pulled the ball back on me too often in the south lol.

I'm heading over to Nottingham/Raymond area later on. Should be a good show there too with how that band is setting up in New York.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The burst of good lift should happen this aftn. You can see the snow shield developing SE in NY state. I expect the snow to pick up in SNH after 2-3pm.

Yeah the RAP shows it well too...we may get a brief burst down to the pike area too between 4pm and 7pm before the change...maybe pick up a quick inch or so.

4 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Lucy pulled the ball back on me too often in the south lol.

I'm heading over to Nottingham/Raymond area later on. Should be a good show there too with how that band is setting up in New York.

Well sometimes near the coast where I am too. Like Will said, should be more action this aftn. I admit not looking terrible hard up there at the details, but that seems to be the consensus. Struggling with KBOS. 

Archived