joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got up at 07:00 - nothing and 33.  Woke up at 09:00 to a variable -SN (pixie dust) to SN and 32.  Now down to 31 and SN and with larger stuff mixing in.  I'll be happy with 2-3"  Any more is a plus.  I didn't put the blade on my Kubota last night on purpose to not jinx anything...   Good luck to everyone to get something enlightening so we can put the doom, despair and agony of last year behind us.

19 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm up here 6 days a week . My daughter has been doing gymnastics up here for 12 years . I'd take you up on that if it was earlier . We could have counted flakes together including ourselves:lol:

We're going Christmas shopping In Westminster today. Hopefully just enough snow to set the mood.  Light snow here now. Dusting so far. 29 degrees. 

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Salty. Who turned your snowflakes into raindrops? :P 

Not salty, really. I just get annoyed when people are first to claim victory on their low calls.

The nearly-5-year-old is thrilled at the snow falling (and is upstairs putting her snow pants on right now), so I’m good no matter what!

32/32 now... SE DC... temp went down 4 degrees since 7am once the snow started and dewpoint increased.

-SN with rimmed flakes mixed in with larger, fatter flakes. More larger flakes now tho.

Ground starting to get white... but it’s slow going... and even the roads have that snowy/slushy look to them now (neighborhood roads were not treated).

7 minutes ago, usedtobe said:

had a very brief period of almost moderate snow, it starting sticking on mulch but now the snow has almost stopped and the snow is melting. All the good echoes are to my west like always.

Looks decent to your sw right now. Should get better as the low off the coast kicks things up a little later. 

15 minutes ago, RDM said:

Got up at 07:00 - nothing and 33.  Woke up at 09:00 to a variable -SN (pixie dust) to SN and 32.  Now down to 31 and SN and with larger stuff mixing in.  I'll be happy with 2-3"  Any more is a plus.  I didn't put the blade on my Kubota last night on purpose to not jinx anything...   Good luck to everyone to get something enlightening so we can put the doom, despair and agony of last year behind us.

Well Hopefully when you wake up next at 11am, you’ll have to get that blade waxed and ready. 

1 minute ago, birdsofprey02 said:

Well Hopefully when you wake up next at 11am, you’ll have to get that blade waxed and ready. 

Haha - I'm awake to stay now.  Still not putting the blade on though until there's something to plow.  Actually have two blades, the front main blade and a side wing plow to push back the berm.  Works well...  Looking forward to some better rates soon.

Archived