joxey
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

What if h5 NS and SS were to phase.  

you can see more spacing at 0z not less. As modeled. Not happening and if it did it  would benefit points further NE. 

Imo in this deal we want the northern stream vort to stay out of the way to let this gain latitude. 

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Don't think that helps us down here even if it did (i.e. assuming the NAM is right.)

Technically this will be a banter post, but realistically, I will say with 100% certainty that I would never assume anything form the 12km NAM at this point.  That model is being replaced soon remember!

Just now, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Technically this will be a banter post, but realistically, I will say with 100% certainty that I would never assume anything form the 12km NAM at this point.  That model is being replaced soon remember!

Agreed.  I just found that h5 look intriguing as depicted.  

Just now, StormchaserChuck said:

Weird that models are doing this. NAM has an organized Low in the Gulf, with open vort over the Great Lakes to at least partially phase... and it gets sheared out.

IMO phase needs to happen earlier for that solution to work and a partial phase would stay open and not help to tug it back west. 

Where/when is the NAM getting replaced? Havent heard this. I know there were upgrades scheduled, didnt hear it was being put to rest.

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
6 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

Where/when is the NAM getting replaced? Havent heard this. I know there were upgrades scheduled, didnt hear it was being put to rest.

Someone mentioned it here, so I'm the messenger on that.  I was looking and came up empty.

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Problem is looking at the thickness that might very well just be rain. Close though.

It’s good to see some of the less reliable models move west along with the SREFs which are probably useless at this range.  0z will be huge just to see where it takes us.  

18 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
23 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

I believe it’s getting replaced eventually with something resembling the SREFs.  My understanding is it was going to be replaced by an ensemble vs a singular model 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived