joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird that EPS, GEFS still show a stripe of snow slightly SE of 95, while including DC in an inch plus. I still wanna believe, but I'd say it's best to put more weight in the Ops. I'm hoping that while I'm studying for my test for Friday, the GFS, Euro will try to distract me from it by moving the storm northwest. I'd say 10% chance of an inch or more imby NW of DC, but that's being hopeful

Just now, Cobalt said:

Weird that EPS, GEFS still show a stripe of snow slightly SE of 95, while including DC in an inch plus. I still wanna believe, but I'd say it's best to put more weight in the Ops. I'm hoping that while I'm studying for my test for Friday, the GFS, Euro will try to distract me from it by moving the storm northwest. I'd say 10% chance of an inch or more imby NW of DC, but that's being hopeful

The setup Fri/Sat has simplified quite a bit from just a couple of days ago so at this point so the ops are probably the way to go. The ensembles though are worth keeping an eye on because they do recognize the possibility of strong enough energy in the south to initiate decent low pressure as evidenced by a number of it's members that are showing that solution. If we start seeing that number increasing over subsequent runs then there may be reason for some hope.

1 hour ago, mappy said:

^ ugh

It's way way way way way too early for this.  We just entered the colder pattern today.  This was the FIRST threat not the 4th or 5th fail.  I am NOT saying there are no valid arguments for why we want to see it snow soon.  Yes most of our really big winters it just seems to want to snow and we luck into something by xmas.  But we still might.  Its only Dec 6.  And even if we don't some good winters got started late.  Either way this doom and gloom over one "possible" fail on what was never even a high probability event in the first 10 days of December is just crazy.  If we do actually waste this entire window without any accumulating snow at all and enter an extended hostile pattern then we can entertain serious concern for the season but not now. 

ETA:  I know your not part of that group, I agree with your UGH

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Still going @ hr 84 lol

nam_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.thumb.png.cd130284dc2c1cf204e97586f6924cc0.png

Dam, last 2/3 frames hadn't loaded yet and I just assumed the look hadn't gotten any better. That is nice to see. See development of that 6/12 hours sooner that would get everyone into play, possible even me. Shame it's the NAM and at the extent of it's range to boot. 

2 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

NAM did it Naming! LOL! 

2017-12-06_9-59-19.png

The fact that it’s only Wednesday morning gives me some hope (probably false) that NW ticking may be underway. 12z suite will be telling. Could be the most important model runs of the winter!  :lol:

Just now, showmethesnow said:

Dam, last 2/3 frames hadn't loaded yet and I just assumed the look hadn't gotten any better. That is nice to see. See development of that 6/12 hours sooner that would get everyone into play, possible even me. Shame it's the NAM and at the extent of it's range to boot. 

And the CMC shall lead the way..

The NAM giving support :P 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived