Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I haven't lost interest. Not at all. I might in an hour and 10 mins though. 

I am still "interested"...been doing this too long to every turn my back on the weather...but it would be nice if one of the varsity players would get on board.  As long as its only random ensemble outliers and JV op runs that show anything I am going to be skeptical at best. 

1 minute ago, Interstate said:

I took a snip-it of this for later use.

Not worried at all.  In about an hour, I'll be fully clothed in my office watching all of the tears on this forum.  I emotionally divested last night.  It's early December..we'll be fine.  I'm full prepped to wait until Jan. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

I am still "interested"...been doing this too long to every turn my back on the weather...but it would be nice if one of the varsity players would get on board.  As long as its only random ensemble outliers and JV op runs that show anything I am going to be skeptical at best. 

UKMET is JV?

1 minute ago, yoda said:

UKMET is JV?

I dunno, don't take comments like that too seriously, but the UKMET is a weird animal because it's got pretty good verification scores but because its so limited in access and products we don't really look at it much.  But it also does have a history of crazy runs here and there so that sometimes makes it hard to take it seriously when it diverges greatly from the GFS/Euro.  It can lend support though when there is a model war going on between the two heavies. 

Just now, stormtracker said:

I mean, it isn't JV, but it's not Euro league either.   It flops wildly sometimes.  

Ukie is the really smart girl in high school who ignores everyone and gets ignored by everyone most of the time until her name shows up as runner up valedictorian .

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Post of the day. Spot on. Ukie is legit. Not infallible like some of you think the Euro is but it’s really good when it’s really good.

That said, I’m out, not getting back in, and have no interest in the next 4 days. I’m just here for the lols. 

ETA: and to reap the feeble.

Ukie is a good model but no model is perfect. Not even the euro. However, from 72 hours and in, the euro is unquestionably the most accurate. It has its hiccups too but if the euro shows something similar to the gfs then banking on the ukie is foolish. 

The real fun starts when the euro splits the difference between the ukie/cmc and gfs. lol

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived