Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cobalt said:

D8 actually has potential. Even if the storm is North, we can potentially get a rain to snow event

It would likely be snow or nothing. If development and/or track happens north then we get nothing. If we can get a good track south of us then it would be snow. It's not the type of northern stream system that would be rain to snow unless it's wound up to our west. That seems unlikely because anything would be fairly weak until it hits the coast. 

43 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The 12z gefs does offer a little hope. The few members with the bigger hits on the Fri-Sat deal are the one that key on the final piece of energy. Considering the fairly significant changes that have already happened in the last 24 hours, there's no reason to completely discount the chance that the final trailing wave does something. 

After looking at the trends yesterday and last night I sort of decided we should be rooting for the trailing wave not the Friday morning one.  I didn't want to say that directly though because i didn't want to start a fight with those pulling for wave 1 on the eastern shore but it's become apparent now so no harm saying it. 

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That is a wonky looking snow map with that smallish heavy snow area, and tight gradient/cutoff. Not gonna happen like that.

I think it’s suggesting that snow is mostly only accumulating in the heaviest precip area. 

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

After looking at the trends yesterday and last night I sort of decided we should be rooting for the trailing wave not the Friday morning one.  I didn't want to say that directly though because i didn't want to start a fight with those pulling for wave 1 on the eastern shore but it's become apparent now so no harm saying it. 

Yep, definitely all in on the trailing wave. Unless you live at the beaches, the first wave looks like a cloudy day.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived