Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,515
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
    Joined
George BM

December Banter String

Recommended Posts

Merry Christmas to my favorite weather psychos.  May the new year bring us blizzards and severe thunderstorms (no tornadoes - they hurt people)!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas all. Woke up here on my vacation in SW PA to the cold smoke, 35 mph wind type snow. Definitely a pleasure to wake up to. Hope everyone has a good one.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas! Kid woke us up at 545, but let us go back to sleep until 630. I’m guessing when she saw the bike under the tree, she couldn’t wait anymore lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mappy said:

Merry Christmas! Kid woke us up at 545, but let us go back to sleep until 630. I’m guessing when she saw the bike under the tree, she couldn’t wait anymore lol

Banana seat bike? They were the coolest when I was growing up. You weren't anyone unless you had one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A long long time ago my father taught me that we have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth and to use them in those proportions. 7 years being a part of this community and I have listened well. Thank you for all the good (and bad) discussions on this board.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas, you wx nerds!

Remember it’s not the wx that matters but the family and friends you surround yourself with. Peace and joy to all

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Remember when we had models with overunning starting Wed lasting thru Fri?

Remember when we had models with overunning starting Thurs lasting thru Sat?

Remember when we had models with overunning starting Fri lasting thru Sunday?

Remember when we had models lose the overunning and have a Thursday storm?

Remember when we had models lose the Thursday storm and move it to Friday?

Remember when we had models keep the Friday storm suppressed off the SE coast?

Remember when the GFS had a fantasy NYEve/Day MECS and everyone forgot about this current week?

I still have a few suites left in The Panic Room.

4 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Merry Merry and Happy Happy to all of you clowns! I hope you have a wonderful day and end of year! I will always love this place!

We need more ham.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Remember when we had models with overunning starting Wed lasting thru Fri?

Remember when we had models with overunning starting Thurs lasting thru Sat?

Remember when we had models with overunning starting Fri lasting thru Sunday?

Remember when we had models lose the overunning and have a Thursday storm?

Remember when we had models lose the Thursday storm and move it to Friday?

Remember when we had models keep the Friday storm suppressed off the SE coast?

Remember when the GFS had a fantasy NYEve/Day MECS and everyone forgot about this current week?

Remember, model chasing is not for kids. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas everyone!! May everyone enjoy the time with family and friends. Here’s to a great rest of winter and that we are all able to partake in something as wonderful as tracking weather.


.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Remember when we had models with overunning starting Wed lasting thru Fri?

Remember when we had models with overunning starting Thurs lasting thru Sat?

Remember when we had models with overunning starting Fri lasting thru Sunday?

Remember when we had models lose the overunning and have a Thursday storm?

Remember when we had models lose the Thursday storm and move it to Friday?

Remember when we had models keep the Friday storm suppressed off the SE coast?

Remember when the GFS had a fantasy NYEve/Day MECS and everyone forgot about this current week?



Pepperidge Farm remembers


.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someday at Christmas
Boards will be closed
As weenies rejoice at
Not getting hosed

Someday at Christmas
Dreams will come true

Someday at Christmas time

Oooh

Someday at Christmas
A gulf nuke will crush
The whole east will marvel
This cold powder rush

Someday at Christmas
The torment will stop
Someday when we're set free

Oh

Someday at Christmas
Snow depth will rise
Downtrodden weenies will
Wipe tears from their eyes

Someday at Christmas
Our lives will all change

Someday at Christmas time

Ooooooooh

Joe will be happy
Cobalt will sleep
The Reaper will leave
With no one to reap

Maybe even Ji will smile
Someday at Christmas time

Oooooooooooh

Someday at Christmas
We'll see a land
No fighting posters
No records that stand

Maybe not in time
For you and me
But someday at Christmas time

Someday at Christmas time

 
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Someday at Christmas
Boards will be closed
As weenies rejoice at
Not getting hosed

Someday at Christmas
Dreams will come true

Someday at Christmas time

Oooh

Someday at Christmas
A gulf nuke will crush
The whole east will marvel
This cold powder rush

Someday at Christmas
The torment will stop
Someday when we're set free

Oh

Someday at Christmas
Snow depth will rise
Downtrodden weenies will
Wipe tears from their eyes

Someday at Christmas
Our lives will all change

Someday at Christmas time

Ooooooooh

Joe will be happy
Cobalt will sleep
The Reaper will leave
With no one to reap

Maybe even Ji will smile
Someday at Christmas time

Oooooooooooh

Someday at Christmas
We'll see a land
No fighting posters
No records that stand

Maybe not in time
For you and me
But someday at Christmas time

Someday at Christmas time

 
  •  

Nice one! Glad I made a cameo. Merry Christmas Everyone! :sled:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a crap pattern that is convoluted to get something sizeable to produce this year. These epic patterns with all the key ingredients are overrated. It's like a novice cook trying to make an extravagant souffle or something....you can have all of the top shelf ingredients but if your timing and temps are off during the process it can go to sh!t in a hurry with a dud end result.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Losing the epic storm period was like the Bumpuse's dogs storming the old mans turkey dinner just as things were looking up and at their zenith    

 

 

I was thinking more like the breaking of the leg lamp where we all scramble to put the pieces of the busted lamp/pattern back together. It sure was a beautiful lamp/pattern staring us in the faces before breaking into a dozen pieces. Fragile. That's Italian btw. 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was thinking more like the breaking of the leg lamp where we all scramble to put the pieces of the busted lamp/breakdown back together. It sure was a beautiful lamp/pattern staring us in the faces before breaking into a dozen pieces. Fragile. That's Italian btw. 
 

This is a different analogy, but I think it's more of a dog begging for table scraps. The dog might see the juicy steak on the table, but the dog only gets a little piece of bread. I guess that's the way it's meant to be. Begging for table scraps, aka snow.


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×