SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Losing the epic storm period was like the Bumpuse's dogs storming the old mans turkey dinner just as things were looking up and at their zenith    

I was thinking more like the breaking of the leg lamp where we all scramble to put the pieces of the busted lamp/pattern back together. It sure was a beautiful lamp/pattern staring us in the faces before breaking into a dozen pieces. Fragile. That's Italian btw. 

I was thinking more like the breaking of the leg lamp where we all scramble to put the pieces of the busted lamp/breakdown back together. It sure was a beautiful lamp/pattern staring us in the faces before breaking into a dozen pieces. Fragile. That's Italian btw. 

This is a different analogy, but I think it's more of a dog begging for table scraps. The dog might see the juicy steak on the table, but the dog only gets a little piece of bread. I guess that's the way it's meant to be. Begging for table scraps, aka snow.

Merry Christmas to every single one of you. I really hope that you have the opportunity of spending time with family and friends and with loved ones and that you are able to enjoy that time with them. Thank you for all of the input into the forums when it comes to tracking these storm systems. I consider myself an amateur and hope to one day be able to put more useful insight into these forums. Again, Merry Christmas and take care of yourselves. Don't overdo it on the eggnog. Don't overdo it on the whine. Don't overdo it on the ham. Don't let things get too overheated whether with relatives or on these forums. God bless.

35 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

We definitely need more poo talk in this thread. Been slacking lately.

@nw baltimore wx any unidentified animal turds around your place lately?

Lol. No, it's been varmint free around here lately. I did have what I determined to be cat puke in the yard a couple of days ago, but I just went out to see if I could get a picture of it and it's gone. I'm assuming the neighbor's obnoxious terrier got to it first.

After seeing how terrible the ensembles have been over the past month, I think we should consider other approaches to diagnosing long term weather patterns, like space weather.  I've been surprised how generally accurate Roger Smith has been over the years.  We never talk about space weather because we don't' understand it.  Or at least I don't.

2 minutes ago, Inverted_Trough said:

After seeing how terrible the ensembles have been over the past month, I think we should consider other approaches to diagnosing long term weather patterns, like space weather.  I've been surprised how generally accurate Roger Smith has been over the years.  We never talk about space weather because we don't' understand it.  Or at least I don't.

I enjoy Roger posting here and always enjoy reading his thoughts, but I don't recall his accuracy rating to be very good, at least locally. Maybe you read his stuff in other places and aren't speaking to his local accuracy. 

I prefer sunny and 60F Christmas weather over 40 mph winds yesterday.  Absolutely worthless "weather", and that is usually the only weather we actually seem to get here.  Just awful.

There was a discussion several nights ago (don't remember the poster) about snow storms not occurring in droughts.  He was met with a volley of ridicule; however, his underlying point was valid.  Persistence.  And, it is a real thing.  The region, as a whole, is below normal with precip the last couple months (and some parts - ahem! - are much, much drier).  Dry fits with the Nina base state climo.  I see no reason to expect anything else, even when/if some global OP or ENS shows another juiced up STJ.

Mercifully, the Seahawks (finally) ended my football-season-long misery, now I wait for a huge eastern ridge to put an end to this miserable Shenandoah Valley winter.  Though before that happens, I'm sure we'll get to watch coastal NC / VA tidewater / MD eastern shore get one more paste job while we out here enjoy cirrus clouds and the 30+ mph NW winds that proceed it.

Current U.S. Drought Monitor

40 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Somehow I managed to fool Santa this past year and got on the good list.

IMG_0394.thumb.JPG.e86a90aa3b30ff086251375158dea7dd.JPG

That Velvet Merkin is really good stuff. Drank a couple of those a week or so ago.

I still need to get my hands on some Flying Dog Chocolate Milk Stout. Probably wont be around much longer.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That Velvet Merkin is really good stuff. Drank a couple of those a week or so ago.

I still need to get my hands on some Flying Dog Chocolate Milk Stout. Probably wont be around much longer.

We are off this week and instead of taking a 'big' trip, we are opting for some day trips including Frederick and a stop in Flying Dog. If you have any reason to make the trip across the great divide to un-civilization this week, let us know the day and we could meet up for a drink. Otherwise, if I see any of the CM stout at the brewery, maybe we could pick it up for you. We are thinking of visiting Rock Hall this week too.

Just now, Jandurin said:

Heavy Seas Brewery is p. good and should be near you based on your location.

Yes, totally agree with you. We go there frequently but in waves. Sometimes we get into the trivia mood and end up going every Wednesday evening for a month straight, and then maybe not visit for a couple months. Oh, and for Christmas I got my gf tickets for the annual oyster fest on super bowl weekend. 

But you're right. Good brewery. Do you get into Bmore often? Union is good too.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived