joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just ate an amazing gyro and feeling happy as a greek wedding. Anyone near the rockville area who loves gyros must go to Big Greek Cafe on  norbeck rd at least once. I fookin love that place. Every time my family eats there we all say it's the gold standard of good Greek good. If I wasn't so stuffed I'd eat another one. 

Even if we get shafted for snow chances next week, nothing will be as big of a disappointment as this

post-534-0-00097000-1293288406.jpg.89aa34f4c2af8b78d77ab70c9dfb2663.jpg

Glad I wasn't a snow weenie back then, and even more glad that even if I heard snow in the forecast, I was at my grandparents house for Christmas away from the storm so I didn't have any heartbreak

I just ate an amazing gyro and feeling happy as a greek wedding. Anyone near the rockville area who loves gyros must go to Big Greek Cafe on  norbeck rd at least once. I fookin love that place. Every time my family eats there we all say it's the gold standard of good Greek good. If I wasn't so stuffed I'd eat another one. 

I’ve found good places around Germantown and Gaithersburg for every type of food but Greek. I’m going to have to try this out. How is the souvlaki or baklava?

8 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I’ve found good places around Germantown and Gaithersburg for every type of food but Greek. I’m going to have to try this out. How is the souvlaki or baklava?

Everything is money. I know the owner. He's a big round greek dude. Authentic. Place gets really busy sometimes. Wednesdays are 5 dollar gyros and it's packed during lunch and dinner. If you go on wed then order outside of the rush. 

Everything is money. I know the owner. He's a big round greek dude. Authentic. Place gets really busy sometimes. Wednesdays are 5 dollar gyros and it's packed during lunch and dinner. If you go on wed then order outside of the rush. 

That sounds perfect. Thanks! Might have to take a visit next Wednesday to give it a shot. We have EVERYTHING up this way but good Greek. I’ll gladly drive to get some.

3 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Athens Grill at Goshen Plaza is great. The guy who makes it is stereotypically Greek too so you know it's authentic. 

3 minutes ago, jviper said:

I miss the americanwx board of old.

It was a weather board where fanasty storms 10 days out were treated as such. Yes we all saw them but just a few would take them seriously.  As real storms showed up on the models we had all the pro mets discuss the options. Wes, stormtracker, Ian, JonJon, Bobchill, mitchnick, psuhoffman, Eskimo joe, usafwx and few other made reading the board fulfilling and informative. And of course we all like Ji's input to keep it real. 

Now we get snow map after snow map and reposting of DT's video casts and twitter feeds with stupid comments about how the 10 day storm is the one for us. Post after post after post and this by a few weenies are killing this place.

I suggest people think before they post every little thought that pops into their head. Please post well thoughtout comment or at least be as entertaining as Jebman.

It was a weather board where fanasty storms 10 days out were treated as such. Yes we all saw them but just a few would take them seriously.  As real storms showed up on the models we had all the pro mets discuss the options. Wes, stormtracker, Ian, JonJon, Bobchill, mitchnick, psuhoffman, Eskimo joe, usafwx and few other made reading the board fulfilling and informative. And of course we all like Ji's input to keep it real. 
Now we get snow map after snow map and reposting of DT's video casts and twitter feeds with stupid comments about how the 10 day storm is the one for us. Post after post after post and this by a few weenies are killing this place.
I suggest people think before they post every little thought that pops into their head. Please post well thoughtout comment or at least be as entertaining as Jebman.

It isnt necessarily the forum or posters declining but moreso a reflection of the social media era we are in. People now have access to twitter, FB, video feeds, podcasts, etc so posters can easily cherry-pick thru this plethora of media options to find the most positive (or negative) supporting data and cut and paste them here. Just like when we see people with zero wx knowledge posting a clown map of a 384 hour HECS on social media and it going viral. It's a deadly combo and not just in our hobby.

18 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

It isnt necessarily the forum or posters declining but moreso a reflection of the social media era we are in. People now have access to twitter, FB, video feeds, podcasts, etc so posters can easily cherry-pick thru this plethora of media options to find the most positive (or negative) supporting data and cut and paste them here. Just like when we see people with zero wx knowledge posting a clown map of a 384 hour HECS on social media and it going viral. It's a deadly combo and not just in our hobby.

I think there are some very lost souls who get off on having to post about everything they think of and getting streetcred buy having a large post count. I think the mods should step it up in on the operational pages but I guess it overwhelms them too.

11 minutes ago, jviper said:

I think there are some very lost souls who get off on having to post about everything they think of and getting streetcred buy having a large post count. I think the mods should step it up in on the operational pages but I guess it overwhelms them too.

I like fried chicken

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived