Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I’m not sulking. That’s the problem with sharing views on this board that don’t cheer cold and dry. The cold zealots gang up and sing odes to ponds. Whatevs. 

Who said you were sulking?

You do repeat yourself, ad nauseam, about your distain for the cold/dry weather though. And you do seem to be oddly disturbed (bolded) by those who just roll with it and enjoy it for what it is, as if they somehow willed it here. Get a grip.

Your post was in response to mine Cape, so I responded. You literally quoted a post of mine. Get your own grip. And I even posted in banter for god sake, to leave the long range thread alone, but that’s not even ok apparently. 

Like what you want, but it’s ok for me to like something else. But, you win. No more from me. Well done. 

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Your post was in response to mine Cape, so I responded. Get your own grip. 

Have a hot chocolate. It will make you smile and feel all warm inside. :) 

I am headed out to Tuckahoe to hike on the frozen Tundra. I will take a few photos of the frozen river and lake. I wont sing any odes though, I promise.

I went for a four mile hike yesterday, does that get the required approval? I am not staying in. I simply don’t like this kind of cold as it tends to kill legit snow chances. Again, no watches and no warnings so far this winter. 

And for those of us without wood stoves, leads to huge bge and pepco bills. So sorry for having feelings. 

31 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

@nw baltimore wx

@mattie g

My (Beer) line-up for today/tonight/tomorrow-

1 Dogfish Head WWS(original)

1 Founders Breakfast Stout

1 Boulevard Whiskey Barrel Imperial Stout

1 Dominion Oak Barrel Stout

1 Founders Dirty Bastard

1 Dogfish Head Pennylvania Tuxedo Pale Ale  <----interesting one, and surprisingly good..

"Brewed in collaboration with family-run outdoor clothing company Woolrich, Pennsylvania Tuxedo is a sessionable concoction with a grassy citrus kick complemented by the resinous conifer notes of fresh green spruce tips. We went into the forests of north-central Pennsylvania and Georgetown, Del., to pick these fresh tips ourselves. A dry yet doughy malt backbone lets the hops and spruce shine while still balancing out the bitterness, making this one an easy sipper."

Lol. Now that's a well-planned day!

We are attending a NYE party tonight so I need to pace myself today. I don't want to that person at the party. But that didn't stop me from starting my day with a shot of Mary Hite Bowman's Caramel Bourbon Cream in my coffee.

1 minute ago, RDM said:

Given the baseball analogies used with this one, I'm afraid this is going to be like trying to hit a Phil Niekro knuckleball. on which he based a stellar career.    "It's coming, we know the pitch will be slow as molasses, we just have to be patient, here it comes, we know it's going to sink at the last minute, but we're ready for that, the pitch, here it comes, we've got it, we've got it, wait for it, wait.....  swing!  missed the GD thing again!!!  and we were so ready.... as we head back to the dugout holding our heads in disbelief"  

Man that brings back some memories. Loved to watch him pitch and and have the batters flailing around like they were swatting at flies. Always good for a laugh. And you know what, you're right, it fits perfectly into what we do with 90% of our modeled snow here. Makes me wonder if I get laughed at for flailing away at the models just like I used to laugh at the batters years ago. Guess that would be poetic justice. :lol:

38 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Zero winter storm watches. Zero warnings. Nickel and dime events are ok, but they are not my muse. I know Ji knows where I am coming from. 

So far this winter reminds me of 2010-11, where we got pennied and nickeled to death.  Not even many dimes.  One big storm in late January.  But I ended up with nearly climo snowfall.  Not really a memorable winter, but could have been worse as we were shown 1 year later.  

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

So far this winter reminds me of 2010-11, where we got pennied and nickeled to death.  Not even many dimes.  One big storm in late January.  But I ended up with nearly climo snowfall.  Not really a memorable winter, but could have been worse as we were shown 1 year later.  

Hope you are right and we luck into one good event. 

4 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Man that brings back some memories. Loved to watch him pitch and and have the batters flailing around like they were swatting at flies. Always good for a laugh. And you know what, you're right, it fits perfectly into what we do with 90% of our modeled snow here. Makes me wonder if I get laughed at for flailing away at the models just like I used to laugh at the batters years ago. Guess that would be poetic justice. :lol:

Remember how the umps used to shake Phil down for evidence of some "illegal substance"?  AKA KY Jelly...  The only baseball comparison I can think of was Gaylord Perry, who used similar tactics to baffle hitters for 22 years, well into his 40's.  Niekro and Perry were two peas out of the same pod.

As for this confounded hobby/art/compulsion we call weather, I intentionally leave "science" off the list because it seems luck is the determining factor in us getting any of Mother Nature's dandruff around here, just as luck came into play trying to hit Niekro and Perry.  But as Jim Carey said and many others have quoted, as long as there is SOME chance, that's something to shoot for.  Can only imagine the collective rejoice and relief here in the forum if this were to play out in our favor. 

Ok this is what happened 

down at the inlaws and I got time to kill Friday morning. Car needed an oil change so I said let me go take care of this. I have a $10 off coupon at jiffy lube. So I go and right away I see these guys are not the Jiffy Lube A-team but they seem to do ok. As I’m driving home I smell oil burning. I figure they got a little on the exhaust and it will burn off

I had to run out later and while at a stoplight I smell oil again and see smoke. I get to where I need to be and open the hood. Oil is everywhere. I look under the car and it’s dripping into puddles. 

Thankfully a car shop was like a stones throw away. I limp the car there and beg if they can see what’s up. 

Now my car is a Kia Sorento and I gave up doing my own oil years ago when car makers designed oil filters that were behind exhaust headers. Kia designed their oil filters to be cartridge that sit inside an egg shaped cylinder. That’s what Jiffy Lube fuucked up. 

Theres a gasket that seals the two egg halves. These clowns put the gasket on the threaded part instead of the gasket seat. So oil was gushing out from the filter. Car holds 6 qts. They had to replace 4 qts

eff Jiffy Lube

and their refund policy is fuucking awful. They file a report, corporate reviews and calls me and then I might get my money back

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

Ok this is what happened 

down at the inlaws and I got time to kill Friday morning. Car needed an oil change so I said let me go take care of this. I have a $10 off coupon at jiffy lube. So I go and right away I see these guys are not the Jiffy Lube A-team but they seem to do ok. As I’m driving home I smell oil burning. I figure they got a little on the exhaust and it will burn off

I had to run out later and while at a stoplight I smell oil again and see smoke. I get to where I need to be and open the hood. Oil is everywhere. I look under the car and it’s dripping into puddles. 

Thankfully a car shop was like a stones throw away. I limp the car there and beg if they can see what’s up. 

Now my car is a Kia Sorento and I gave up doing my own oil years ago when car makers designed oil filters that were behind exhaust headers. Kia designed their oil filters to be cartridge that sit inside an egg shaped cylinder. That’s what Jiffy Lube fuucked up. 

Theres a gasket that seals the two egg halves. These clowns put the gasket on the threaded part instead of the gasket seat. So oil was gushing out from the filter. Car holds 6 qts. They had to replace 4 qts

eff Jiffy Lube

and their refund policy is fuucking awful. They file a report, corporate reviews and calls me and then I might get my money back

Dude. That sucks. But at least it’s not as bad as it could have been ala no oil at all = blown engine 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived