Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

46 minutes ago, H2O said:

Cold is cold. For as brutal as the next week might be temps wise, I’ll still take this 10/10 times over the 3 Hs in summer. 

Yall need to come work with me for a few days. Then you’ll understand 

theres fun to be had when it’s cold. 

x10.  Well said.  

remember....you can always put extra clothing on to stay warm.

You can only take off so much to stay cool....

Just took my golden retriever (Molsen...great name eh?) for a 2 mile hike out in th frozen hinterlands.  Beauty of a day.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We haven't heard from Bob this morning so my hope is that he's out with the cordless drill checking ice thickness.

Ha! Not until tomorrow. I'm going to a regular rink today with my 13 year olds and their friends. 

I'm out on the thursday deal so I'm not going to post about it anymore. 

Man. Long Island gets absolutely demolished on the CMC. Nice storm for them up there. What else is new. On a brighter note it looks like Some of us to NW of the cities will get a little more snow this afternoon. Nothing big. But maybe another quarter inch?

Oh. And we have below zero wind chills out here. With an expected low tonight of 5 degrees or so.

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

If PSU is out...it's time for folks to close the shades and head to the newly refurbished Scream Room at The Panic Room. Spaces are filling up fast and I'm happy to announce that we're offering a special for the next 48 hours! 

5a49195d266c2_TPR1.thumb.jpg.232c86ecbcfa4da276091bc1ea1b11cf.jpg

Just don’t try making reservations for those of us who aren’t close to panicking.

:beer:

51 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Just don’t try making reservations for those of us who aren’t close to panicking.

:beer:

He did that to me last year when I was visiting family for 4/5 days and didn't have access to a computer at that time. Came back to find he had put me on the watch list. All I can say is he's a sneaky little bustard. 

3 minutes ago, George BM said:

Have been curious about this for sometime. What would be the benchmark for a BECS? Widespread 40"+?

40"+ seems like a good benchmark. A 30"+ widespread snowfall falling in the low teens/single digits with blizzard conditions would probably also qualify, since that's probably never gonna happen. 

4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm going to go visit the weather board that only talks about threats that are a 100% lock this place is lick a tight anus

I'd talk about other threats, but there are no threats to be found! Also, if you want a storm to be a 100% lock 4 days out, you're living the wrong part of the US. All of our snow chances are like each Browns game. Sometimes it looks good, but it finds a way to mess up.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived