Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Embarrassing loss for the Ravens.

Now we can listen to Harbaugh spin things in his post-game comments.  I’m sure that he will say that he is proud of his team...the team played their hearts out in brutal conditions...they fought back from an early deficit.... only a handful of plays decided the game...blah, blah, blah.  

In most professional fields, what the Ravens produced in the end today was malpractice.

11 minutes ago, Warrior Bigfoot said:

I never liked the look to be honest. Sure it could happen, but this is their storm.

I liked the potential inside of the setup but it was fragile as F. It was easy to let go of. Now I'm rooting for nobody to get anything so that's why I'm still looking at model runs. Lol. 

Just now, 87storms said:

this is seriously an unusual cold snap for this area. if we don't get a significant event during this time i don't know if i'll be surprised, but i'll certainly be a little disappointed.

Issue is extreme cold. If I remember correctly, in the Feb 2015 cold snap, we scored on nearly every storm, with many happening during reloads of the pattern. Feb 15-16, Feb 21st, March 5th, and a couple more I forget. It's harder to score on every opportunity here, especially since the patterns aren't the same. 

wkd said:

"There was a poster in the NYC metro subforum quite a few years back with the screen name yanksfan (since changed).  He was very enthusiastic when he first joined and at one point I counted up his posts and in a one day period 75-80% of the post were his.  Needless to say he got a lot of negative feedback.  He has calmed down since then.   Just sayin." 

(wkd - sorry, having trouble cross quoting from one thread to another and didn't want to clog the Med-LR thread with this)

Agree - another well composed observation about an increasing theme, especially the last few weeks.  Unfortunately, the less than subtle hints are not sinking in, even the hints from MODs.  I love the enthusiasm from everyone in the forum, to include the occasionally dark if not sick humor that comes into play.  However, the borderline incessant inclination to respond to nearly every comment and post every map with every model run agnostic of the spam overtones is getting a bit much.

What crosses even a liberal line of a best practice is the "advice" given to the major posters who represent the foundation of the forum.  At times there appears to be a lack of consideration that many here have been doing this for decades and some for several decades.  I try to diligently exercise the art of reading more and posting less.  And, when posting, give full respect and deference to those that are far more experienced, wiser and adept at teaching me something.  Hopefully, getting back to school soon will allow the forum to get back to normal. 

2 minutes ago, RDM said:

wkd said:

"There was a poster in the NYC metro subforum quite a few years back with the screen name yanksfan (since changed).  He was very enthusiastic when he first joined and at one point I counted up his posts and in a one day period 75-80% of the post were his.  Needless to say he got a lot of negative feedback.  He has calmed down since then.   Just sayin." 

(wkd - sorry, having trouble cross quoting from one thread to another and didn't want to clog the Med-LR thread with this)

Agree - another well composed observation about an increasing theme, especially the last few weeks.  Unfortunately, the less than subtle hints are not sinking in, even the hints from MODs.  I love the enthusiasm from everyone in the forum, to include the occasionally dark if not sick humor that comes into play.  However, the borderline incessant inclination to respond to nearly every comment and post every map with every model run agnostic of the spam overtones is getting a bit much.

What crosses even a liberal line of a best practice is the "advice" given to the major posters who represent the foundation of the forum.  At times there appears to be a lack of consideration that many here have been doing this for decades and some for several decades.  I try to diligently exercise the art of reading more and posting less.  And, when posting, give full respect and deference to those that are far more experienced, wiser and adept at teaching me something.  Hopefully, getting back to school soon will allow the forum to get back to normal. 

I see exactly what you mean. My apologies. I'm not as knowledgeable as many others on this board, and I of course can easily get hyped by nearly every event. I've stopped half of what I did, such as posting a series of Ensemble breakdowns during the night, since as I learned with last Friday's event, ensembles mean very little at long range. I'll start condensing posts and all, but I completely agree that my string of posts are cluttering other great posts. 

11 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I see exactly what you mean. My apologies. I'm not as knowledgeable as many others on this board, and I of course can easily get hyped by nearly every event. I've stopped half of what I did, such as posting a series of Ensemble breakdowns during the night, since as I learned with last Friday's event, ensembles mean very little at long range. I'll start condensing posts and all, but I completely agree that my string of posts are cluttering other great posts. 

I understand you are enthusiastic, but people here can be a little harsh on noobs, and you are obviously young. Just show a bit more restraint- read more and post less for awhile, especially the maps lol. You are fine though. Just pull it back a tad.

Who really gives a sh*t about the storm this week? I certainly don’t. I’m more interested in that nice blowtorch the GFS had at the end of it’s run.

Also, while he may be overly enthusiastic, I appreciate Cobalt’s posts a lot more than some of the crotchety old elitist snobs in the discussion thread.

2 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Who really gives a sh*t about the storm this week? I certainly don’t. I’m more interested in that nice blowtorch the GFS had at the end of it’s run.

Also, while he may be overly enthusiastic, I appreciate Cobalt’s posts a lot more than some of the crotchety old elitist snobs in the discussion thread.

I'm just interested in the cold that follows the "storm" atm. A sub-zero at IAD would be nice :). Though we probably end up on the positive side of the single digits. Any-who, WOO COLD.

9 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Name names 

Apparently Pees is going to retire, so Harbaugh is off the hook on him. Still would not mind a new head coach.

We honestly need a new coach too. There’s two big knacks I have on Harbaugh. The first is loyalty to guys who just flat out suck as coordinators and he can’t just let go. Marty should have never stepped foot on this team. He has a history of mediocrity and he’s not good at all. I hated that pick for OC from get go. Dean Pees is just horrible in clutch with play calling. In 3 years, we have seen more blown games on defense than the entire previous decade before it. Yeah, Ray and Ed help, but there’s easy adjustments that even fans see that should’ve happened and Pees just gets super soft. Very frustrating to watch.

The second thing I hate about Harbaugh is the bs coach speak after every damn game. Same crap, over and over and over and .... you get the point. I’ve actually remembered some of his same talking points from all his press conferences. He did it again tonight too! “We fought hard and there was a few plays that ended up being a big part of the loss. We fought back from being down...” Just straight crap. We played like garbage in first half and went soft again on defense in the 4th. We let off gas and didn’t try to score again and went conservative with running and then Flacco throws a bs incomplete pass to stop clock instead of just eating it and falling down to run more clock. That’s on Flacco. It is unbelieveable that a vet QB even does that. Just incredibly frustrating from draft with no offensive mindset to now blowing our playoff chances once again late in the game. This time at home with same soft bs defense. We must be masochists to keep doing the same old crap every year. It has to change.

End Rant

Bring on 2018!!!

16 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Honestly, I'm more interested with the winds. Even 1" of powdery snow on the ground would be pretty cool, since with the wind gusts, I would assume we would see a whole lotta ground blizzards. Also, there's nothing to track whatsoever, so why not track a storm that's still within range?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived