Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

Just now, mappy said:

Of course the sun could explode tomorrow too, you never know. 

Don't speak in absolutes and you won't get trolled, regardless of end results. He shouldn't even be posting in the discussion thread at all since he cancelled winter days ago. 

People who do that end up looking dumb about 99% of the time.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mappy said:

Of course the sun could explode tomorrow too, you never know. 

Don't speak in absolutes and you won't get trolled, regardless of end results. He shouldn't even be posting in the discussion thread at all since he cancelled winter days ago. 

absolutely:D

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

People who do that end up looking dumb about 99% of the time.

right? sure this thing could totally fail, but jesus, give it time to fail at least before putting a big ol' NOPE on winter. 

Just now, BristowWx said:

absolutely:D

ha! well played. 

18 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Exactly

Give ERS a break, this winter beat the best of us down.  Besides he may have been having some fun and not 100 percent serious.

7 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Regarding GFS Was really thing the capture would happen. Surface doesn't match 500 to me. 

PSU. Good luck with your storm. After all of your analysis it is rightfully named. 

Nut. 

This storm was "named" ?

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Give ERS a break, this winter beat the best of us down.  Besides he may have been having some fun and not 100 percent serious.

This storm was "named" ?

Uhh so many suggested.... I ASSumed no other possibility. 

Nut

6 minutes ago, nj2va said:

For those of us along 95 and east, mixing should be expected especially in March coastals.  I don't really understand the hemming and hawing about a changeover to sleet for those along/near 95 and east.  Even if we mix in the GFS depiction, we get a good front end thump.

A clean storm is the exception not the rule for the 95 corridor in our big storms even in January. After spending 30+ years in the DC/Balt corridor plus almost another 20 years just outside of it I can tell you I can recall very few storms that did not contain some amount of taint. To expect otherwise with this storm, especially considering the setup is probably folly.

30 minutes ago, nj2va said:

For those of us along 95 and east, mixing should be expected especially in March coastals.  I don't really understand the hemming and hawing about a changeover to sleet for those along/near 95 and east.  Even if we mix in the GFS depiction, we get a good front end thump.

Eff mixing.

Just now, Sparky said:

Awesome!  You can follow Ridge Road (Rt. 27) south and southwestward out of town on that map.

I had road layers on it, but it was too busy. But yeah, you can clearly see the where the main roads are. :) 

Mappy told me to move this to the Banter thread:

So a lot of you have welcomed me to these boards with open arms since I moved from Louisiana in mid-December. I came in with such high hopes and optimism and had it crushed out of me by this winter. Storm after storm, I saw models throw up maps just like the ones I've seen the last two days, only to have those hopes dashed. 

I've only seen snow above 3" once, and only seen flakes 4 times (not counting the meager flakes this season here). I have yet to break 1" here in Gaithersburg.

I want to experience this so badly. I'm guarded now though in my excitement. I guess what I'm asking... is should I actually be preparing now for this to happen?

Do I need to buy anything, prepare for any long period stuck inside, how soon would the roads be passable if the most intense of maps comes into being?

I really want to take my kid out sledding!

Question: I have a flight out of IAD early Wednesday morning (read: first flight out), should I expect flights to be cancelled or massively delayed out of IAD?

Never have had to fly out of an airport right on the backside of a storm around here so I'm curious as to how fast IAD can clear runways.

2 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

So a lot of you have welcomed me to these boards with open arms since I moved from Louisiana in mid-December. I came in with such high hopes and optimism and had it crushed out of me by this winter. Storm after storm, I saw models throw up maps just like the ones I've seen the last two days, only to have those hopes dashed. 

I've only seen snow above 3" once, and only seen flakes 4 times (not counting the meager flakes this season here). I have yet to break 1" here in Gaithersburg.

I want to experience this so badly. I'm guarded now though in my excitement. I guess what I'm asking... is should I actually be preparing now for this to happen?

Do I need to buy anything, prepare for any long period stuck inside, how soon would the roads be passable if the most intense of maps comes into being?

What does your Benchmark model say?

3 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I'd hit up the grocery store this weekend, get whatever you need, but don't freak. Roads will be fine by Wednesday. Enjoy whatever happens with your kid. I know I will! 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived