Toothache
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Someone said:

Four plus days of THAT being dropped into the discussion threads.

For the record, it has NEVER accumulated in our part of the mid-Atlantic in March before.

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Someone said:

Four plus days of THAT being dropped into the discussion threads.

For the record, it has NEVER accumulated in our part of the mid-Atlantic in March before.

Fine I'll be more specific. 0.3" of liquid over 6 hours with a temperature of 35 on March 13th does not equal accumulating snow in the District of Columbia. Obviously, if the snow was heavier, it was colder, it was at night, etc. it could accumulate. I don't doubt that snow can accumulate. 

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Yeah, that's gonna be beat to death.

Are you saying that .3" of precip in 6 hours at 35 in mid march will accumulate in DC? I wasn't suggesting that it can't snow in March, not even close. 3/3/14 was in broad daylight, and the 3/25/13 and 14 accumulated on some paved areas. 

1 hour ago, H2O said:

He's right, guys.  That extra hour of the earths heat source orbiting the sky means the ground will be burning and melt all the snow.  not even RATES can overcome the inferno

term.gif

ugh I accidentally messed up the long range thread.  Opps.  BTW, so we're inside 5 days...and I know we do NOT want to start its own thread,  but do we realize its not a long range threat anymore lol.  We have graduated to a medium range legit threat for the first time this winter!!!

22 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

ugh I accidentally messed up the long range thread.  Opps.  BTW, so we're inside 5 days...and I know we do NOT want to start its own thread,  but do we realize its not a long range threat anymore lol.  We have graduated to a medium range legit threat for the first time this winter!!!

I was going to start one tomorrow at 12z, but I'm so damn gun shy I'm not even sure that's the right time 

6 minutes ago, PaEasternWX said:

relax, first of all I said you can have, and second of all this is banter. In all seriousness I would not want that much snow.

Nah man. It's a dick thing to say. Don't care if it's banter. You want to troll you will find you won't be posting here

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The weeklies are cold straight through lol. Of course it's mostly just cold dreary weather after this week as climo slams the door on us. Too bad this pattern came so late. 

I'm thankful it's coming now rather than early April when there's almost no chance at all.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived