Newest Member
    Toothache
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm probably a good bit older than you (48). My OP didn't have the accurate story. May of 2015 I was 230lbs and got a sorta crappy physical. Nothing tragic. Just the typical crap that comes along with getting old and being kinda fat. Doc said I'm at a crossroads. Lose weight and get in shape or most likely start having more serious issues in my 50s. So I drew the line. 

Total diet change in 2015 with cardio "whenever I felt like it". I quit drinking beer for a while but it didn't last. I did get down to 210-215 though so that was really good. Last summer I started backpeddling and struggling to maintain weight. Plus I drank a lot of beer last summer. Decided in September that I was going to take it to the next level. I couldn't break through the 210 barrier no matter how hard I tried. 

Strict diet, no alcohol, and an actual routine with cardio and weights. Started feeling really good. It was a buzz in itself. 30 hard minutes on the exercise bike or a 10 mile ride on my regular bike every other day with no excuses. Days off of cardio were 30-60 minutes of strength training and yoga. Yes, yoga. Everyone can stop laughing at me. lol. I have the highest respect for hard core yoga people now. That S will kick your A. I just broke below 195lbs last week. Never thought I'd see the day. 

I get it with having a young one though. It's hard. Very time consuming. And the last thing you want to do is spend your free time sweating your ass off and getting sore as hell. But there will be plenty of time in the future. I went from excellent shape in my 30s to a fat 46 year old. But turned it all around in less than 2 years. Anybody can do it. 

I am 39 so not too far behind you. Beat myself up pretty good with some ski injuries and soccer earlier in life. But I think I'm ready to commit to losing 20 lbs or so. I hate feeling out of shape. Congrats on your journey. 

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

If e7&11 are right and it's 20-30" here and 0 in DC the snow BBQ idea still stands. 

I did one road trip for a snow event this winter. Was a ton of fun, but not doing it again. How about a nice late spring barbecue in May when it can really be enjoyed? I would show for that. I don't get up to my old stomping grounds enough lately.

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I did one road trip for a snow event this winter. Was a ton of fun, but not doing it again. How about a nice late spring barbecue in May when it can really be enjoyed? I would show for that. I don't get up to my old stomping grounds enough lately.

Sure. Late enough in may and my pool could be open. I have over 2 acres and enough driveway and expandable driveway (side lawn) to park at least 15 cars. Would be a lot of fun to have a get together. It's nice up here in summer. When it's 90 in DC it's usually in the low 80s with a cool breeze up here on the ridge.  Of course the cfs says we might still be tracking snow. 

21 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Sure. Late enough in may and my pool could be open. I have over 2 acres and enough driveway and expandable driveway (side lawn) to park at least 15 cars. Would be a lot of fun to have a get together. It's nice up here in summer. When it's 90 in DC it's usually in the low 80s with a cool breeze up here on the ridge.  Of course the cfs says we might still be tracking snow. 

I lived a bit east of Parrs, near rt 97 west of Gamber. We were on a hilltop though, around 900 ft.

16 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I lived a bit east of Parrs, near rt 97 west of Gamber. We were on a hilltop though, around 900 ft.

I'm right at the top of Dug Hill Ridge just north of Manchester about 1100 feet. It can get stupid windy in storms here but in the summer the constant breeze is awesome. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I'm right at the top of Dug Hill Ridge just north of Manchester about 1100 feet. It can get stupid windy in storms here but in the summer the constant breeze is awesome. 

Thats pretty much the high point in the county. Did you seek that out or just lucked out and found a place you liked right there?

7 minutes ago, Wxhoov said:

Hey there just moved to new freedom from north york! Been following this forum for a couple months now. Definetely alot knowledge in here compared to some of the other forums

hah... you and mappy are neighbors.

Your elevation puts you in a very good spot IMO.

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This is the greatest month in sports.  College basketball has no equal IMO.

Truth. The ncaa tourney is unquestionably the best compact playoff to champion event in sports. Nothing comes close. Brackets are also the greatest pool event in sports too.  Love me some brackets. Can't wait to fill out 2 or 3 or 12. 

5 minutes ago, Sparky said:

what's the avg. snowfall for York?

Right around 30" i believe i lived in north york town called dillsburg i was at about 1100 ft we averaged around 10" more than york on an average year id say.. well besides this year so far hah

11 minutes ago, Wxhoov said:

Right around 30" i believe i lived in north york town called dillsburg i was at about 1100 ft we averaged around 10" more than york on an average year id say.. well besides this year so far hah

That's not bad at all.  You probably won't lose much of that around New Freedom, maybe 35-37" I would imagine.

3 minutes ago, Sparky said:

That's not bad at all.  You probably won't lose much of that around New Freedom, maybe 35-37" I would imagine.

Thats good to hear!! Hopefully the next 3 weeks give me a taste of what winter here is like.

7 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Didn't know you were from the Manchester area. Not such a strategic move for a snow lover. :)

Edit: I see it was Gamber. I still stick with my strategic move comment.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived