warmest on record in the Washington DC area. The two warmer
winters (1931-32 and 1889-90) both had March snowfalls (4.0"
March 6-7 1932 and 3.0" on March 31 1890), so accumulating
snowfall is not uncommon in March even following an otherwise
very mild winter.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GBS is a great beer. Have you had any of the variants? Bourbon Barrel GBS, Rum Narrel GBS, Christmas Morning, Kentucky Christmas Morning - all of them excellent (well...I have had Run Barrel GBS, but I've heard great things). My favorite may have been BB GBS this past year.

All of them are impossible to find now unless you have a hook-up in the gray market and want to pay up for them. Otherwise, be on the lookout next December...though KCM is nearly impossible to acquire unless you know the "secret locations" and can take a morning off to hunt it down.

There are a lot of other really good big stouts out there right now, including barrel-aged ones (which are my preference). They'll start to disappear from the shelves in the next month or so...although Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout will be available for a hot second sometime around April 1.

actually the one i was referring to was the bourbon barrel GBS. Maybe my #1 all time. i had it late in the season and couldnt find more anywhere but i would kill for some. I have not tried the others yet. i dont see many stouts out now but i could drink stouts year round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Agreed. I guess we are clicking some pop ups  that are basically invisible? 

#bringbacktapatalk

OK...good to know I'm not the only one. I was concerned that there was some sort of malware on my phone (my browsing habits have nothing to do with that concern :lol: ). It's damn frustrating, though!

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

People are wondering if it's better to jump now and be crushed by the moving train or ride all the way to the end and be incinerated by the flames of the explosion.

If you are wondering why i never jumped on the Sunday train here is the reason. I am thinking bigger and am busy stoking the fires of the coming week+ pattern train. Though the tracks have been untraveled for a few years now and those old rickety bridges over the chasms may no longer exist I fully intend to drive that train full tilt into whatever may come. Plenty of room for those who wish to join, but I will warn them it might get a little bumpy, that is if we don't plunge into oblivion. But I promise the rewards will be much sweeter then the Sunday train if we can complete the trip.

We have not gotten the whole miss by the GFS yet! We have to have one crazy run.. right? I am just saying it usually at some time goes out to lunch for a run.. maybe it will not this time, but I would not be surprised by it! Then we get the "Euro will save us" messages... This post has no helpful information!

41 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I just want to get this thing into NAM range so we can see at least one run of an overamped juicebomb laying down 1.75" of QPF with temps in the low 20s over the area.

Then when the Euro smacks around the NAM and brings everyone back to reality, our we can call this winter complete.

Thursday, 12z.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived