Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I would like to propose that IFFFFFFFF there is actually a storm by Thursday, that only PSU, Bob, CAPE, or showmethesnow be allowed to start a storm thread.  Those guys have been relentless in the long range thread. 

Personally, I think no thread at all and just keep rolling with the long range thread.

I'll start a thread when it falls apart.  Me or WxWatcher.   or WxEnthusiast.  

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Can you post the euro snow map?  Thanks.

He wasn't even asking it was more like....

POST THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!

53 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I would like to propose that IFFFFFFFF there is actually a storm by Thursday, that only PSU, Bob, CAPE, or showmethesnow be allowed to start a storm thread.  Those guys have been relentless in the long range thread. 

Personally, I think no thread at all and just keep rolling with the long range thread.

Can all 4 of us start one simultaneously then the mods can combine the 4 threads into one super thread.  Maybe that will break the curse.  

Or if we fail we will just become the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse ushering in the end of days 

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

POST THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!

Can all 4 of us start one simultaneously then the mods can combine the 4 threads into one super thread.  Maybe that will break the curse.  

Or if we fail we will just become the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse ushering in the end of days 

I will allow this if it means you bring Winter with you

hqdefault.jpg

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

POST THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!

Dibs on conquest. 

2 hours ago, stormtracker said:

Sad thing is, he's probably gonna be right.

GFS aint done trolling yet.  There's going to be an even better run in the there tonight or tomorrow.   The football snatch comes around Thursday.

At first I was convinced this discussion was about me, but some of those hits just don't make sense enough.  Fwiw, lwx point and click has mixed precip next weekend.  I'm bringing winter back from vacation imby, iyby, and ioby!  I like to share.

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

30" in March and April might make this winter less irredeemable :P 

even by the cfs standards that is just LOL.  The CFS did actually have a week in late Feb where it was showing pretty much nothing for the rest of the year then started to go nuts with snow again lately but this last run is just beyond crazy.  Those CFS snow maps must use 30-1 ratios or something like that.  They are always too high.  But one thing is they do show where they think the snow is going to be so I supposed its better to have them showing snow then not.  When they show nothing you know your screwed.  When we are about to get hit they get that stupid crazy totals thing going on like right now.  

Posts that don't belong in the disco thread:

"How much for northern NJ?" - Why? Just why?

"It's still 6 day away" - Well Duh. Models have time stamps on every panel

"This will end up no different"- Weather doesn't work that way. All fails are different. And all hits are different. 

"Looks the same to me. Conrgats *insert city to the north*" - But the model run is totally different and wishcasting is not analysis

"March 93 redux" - Stale, old, worn out, and dumb

"I'm skeptical because this winter sux" - Recency bias makes even the smartest people look dumb

And last but not least, the oldest, stalest, most worn out, and dumbest repetitive GIF known to wx boards

lucy-football.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

"This will end up no different"- Weather doesn't work that way. All fails are different. And all hits are different. 

"Looks the same to me. Conrgats *insert city to the north*" - But the model run is totally different and wishcasting is not analysis

"I'm skeptical because this winter sux" - Recency bias makes even the smartest people look dumb

And last but not least, the oldest, stalest, most worn out, and dumbest repetitive GIF known to wx boards

lucy-football.jpg

Bob, chill.

When it shows up on the NAM, I'll become a believer.   The 84 hour NAM is rock solid.

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Should be said, since I think we've been polar opposites this winter and I've given you and others Potomac sized crap, but your diligent analysis in the LR thread is appreciated. God help you, but appreciated nonetheless. :) 

You're welcome.  I like to analyze and try to forecast.  Of course I want the results to put snow in my yard like everyone else, but even if it doesn't I am still going to track and chase and most importantly continue to learn and put little nuggets into my folder of "seen that" for next time.  So I totally understand those that are simply results oriented and the chase is simply for the payoff getting down with this year, I am not immune to the frustration this year has been, but I am going to continue to do what I do and soldier to the end.  No retreat no surrender.  

I'm already dead in the panic room, but so be it... This is the last chance for this Louisiana boy to experience a real snow. Those maps and models look juicy and this is the closest in we've had a big snow like this on the models this year. I want this so badly - I've never seen a snow above 3" and I want to join in with all of you taking pictures of my snow, measuring it, throwing snowballs and dragging my kid around in a sled. Please let this happen.

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

in all seriousness, if that Friday deal sneaks up on us, I'd really be a believer in Sat Sun.

I'll assume, given our luck, that Friday trends better and we get an inch, but then figure out as the week goes on that the better trend for Friday screwed us for Sunday when that swath goes south along a boundary that sets up further south than optimal thanks to Friday...

33 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The Lucy thing doesn't even make sense if you think about it. In the cartoon, she *always* pulls the ball away at the last minute. Applied to weather, it would mean we experience a painful last-minute bust every time. As in, the blizzard last year ended up being non-accumulating wet snow and the winters of 13/14 and 14/15 never happened. 

When models show snow at day 9 and it disappears by day 4, that's not a bust. 

23 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Totally agree...but I think there were a couple of times this winter where the models were showing something decent inside 24 only to crap on us at the end of the day. 

Yeah I know of one for sure. Spent a week tracking it in early January. It was a pattern that had a little potential. Spent the whole week saying we needed to see a list of things happen to make it work. Models started ticking of the different things needed and then the day before they ticked the final one off the list giving us a nice storm. All of them were in at that point ,only to take away that final checked off need within 12 hours of the event. Needless to say i was a little pissed.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived