Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Went to Lowes this morning and bought all the ice melt and 4 new shovels. They looked at me weird but I'm all like "jokes on you, have you even seen the 0z euro??"

You'll be ready for next year.  Jokes still on them...just will take a while to get the effect

4 hours ago, kurtstack said:

I am gonna have to try some.  

If you like beer, you have to at least try something of theirs. Most of their beers are better with a week of settling in the fridge, even in growlers. Their NE IPAs are fantastic (some among the best on the East Coast), and the Berliner Weißes and Goses are top-notch. I've had a couple of their beers I wasn't a big fan of, but they were by far the exception.

Of course, it's a matter of preference, but there aren't many folks I've met who have thought their beers weren't really good.

5 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Hope its a coffee stout ;)

Speaking of which, I am sipping on a Sunday Morning Stout. Oh so good.

It's not :(. It'll be a crisp ale version of a Vienna lager. Nothing fancy - just a beer to be lagered until the weather really starts to warm up. I need something crushable come May or so!

My Russian Imperial Stout is now in the secondary fermentor with a Knob-soaked oak spiral. The rest of the oaked bourbon and 1.5 Madagascar vanilla beans will be going in in a couple weeks. It'll get bottled in 5-6 weeks, and hopefully ready to be consumed come next Thanksgiving or so! :thumbsup:

I actually drank a Sunday Morning Stout this evening! Awesome beer. I think if it gets six months or so of age and it'll be even better, but it's incredible as it is. I plan to let two sit in my basement until next fall. :guitar:

Have you had Bell's Black Note?

10 minutes ago, mattie g said:

It's not :(. It'll be a crisp ale version of a Vienna lager. Nothing fancy - just a beer to be lagered until the weather really starts to warm up. I need something crushable come May or so!

My Russian Imperial Stout is now in the secondary fermentor with a Knob-soaked oak spiral. The rest of the oaked bourbon and 1.5 Madagascar vanilla beans will be going in in a couple weeks. It'll get bottled in 5-6 weeks, and hopefully ready to be consumed come next Thanksgiving or so! :thumbsup:

I actually drank a Sunday Morning Stout this evening! Awesome beer. I think if it gets six months or so of age and it'll be even better, but it's incredible as it is. I plan to let two sit in my basement until next fall. :guitar:

Have you had Bell's Black Note?

I want one!

And yes I thought it was PDG as well!

And I just finished off another DFH WWS :P

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I want one!

And yes I thought it was PDG as well!

And I just finished off another DFH WWS :P

I'm taking orders...but I need to keep a case for myself!

Gret beer. I had a Hardywood Bourbon Barrel Sidamo Stout last night, too. Stout season will be over soon, so getting them in while I can!

Bastard... :lol:

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

I'm taking orders...but I need to keep a case for myself!

Gret beer. I had a Hardywood Bourbon Barrel Sidamo Stout last night, too. Stout season will be over soon, so getting them in while I can!

Bastard... :lol:

Put me down for a 6 pack.

Stout season never ends for me! Becomes a bit more challenging in summer tho unless I stock up.

Sorry! You really need to try it before it goes!

Thought I would go into full blown weenie mode for a couple of minutes to offset the depression of living through this horrid winter. Would have posted in the long range analysis thread but feared that would get me banned for life so here I am. So here is my forecast for the upcoming promising pattern the next couple of weeks.

Day 7 will see an appetizer of sorts where we see a wave run along the boundary where 2-4, 3-6 snowfalls will be common throughout the region. The masses will be pleased and dancing in the streets will ensue. Not to mention those lazy government workers will get a day off from their strenuous labors. PSU will of course cash in with 10 inches after a couple of days of worrying about being fringed. 

Day 10 will see a deep trough with an amplifying low running up the coast giving the cities around a foot of wind driven snow and the NW suburbs topping out at 2 to 2 1/2 feet. There will be much hand wringing as people argue where the heavy hitting band on the northwest sets up with all models showing through the cities. Of course it ends up northwest of the cities and PSU, after worrying about being on the northern edge of the 6-12 zone, will cash in with 3 feet. There will be cries of despair as warnings for blizzard conditions are not posted 48 hours before the onset and tears of sorrow when it becomes obvious that the cities and south and east will have their snow tainted with sleet and rain. There will be shoveling in the streets and on the sidewalks. And a repeat of the shoveling after the plow drivers drive gleefully by with well placed assaults on your previous work. All will be well with the world.

Day 14, as the pattern begins to relax, is when the grand daddy of all storms pays a visit. The storm of the millennium. A storm that will relegate the 93 storm to nothing more then a pimple on the ass of the Great Quadruple Phasing Mega Super Stupendous Snow Bomb of the Millennium Storm. Of course Accuweather will be more mundane with the name and just call it Bob. There will be cries of despair as warning for blizzard conditions are not posted 96 hours in advance and tears of joy as it becomes obvious that the closest taint will be on the lonely buoys off the coast. There will be no bickering over the heaviest NW band because the whole area will be encompassed in it's far reaching, loving embrace. Weather enthusiasts and professionals will speak in hushed tones about getting an extremely rare glimpse of the ever elusive quadruple phaser. Snows will fall at unheard of rates and duration that will overwhelm even the biggest weenies among us with totals of 3 to 4 feet through the cities and over 5 to the north and west. PSU will remain strangely silent on getting fringed before hand and yet will cap out at 6 1/2 feet. Winds will howl with the tempest befitting that of an angry God piling drifts 15-20 feet in depth. People will say the hell with it and throw their shovels away with screams of 'Mother Nature put it there, she can dam well clean it up. And once again, all is well with the world.

Then it warms up.

11 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

You did it now. Randy should be in shortly to tell us it is over. :)

I'm going to hold you and PSU real close to my bosom when the inevitable, crushing let down occurs after some positive, Lucy type runs sets yall up tonight through say Wednesday.   I will help you both heal.  I will comfort you in your rough time of need.   I'm here for yall.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived