Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MarkO said:

Closing in on about 6 hours of heavy subsidence. Rates recently picked up to moderate flurries. Already about 3/4" on the ground! Street is still wet, but starting to get covered... at least in parts. Simply best snow hole centered right over my back yard!!!

Sorry Mark-O, feel bad for you merrimack valley/495 folks.  What a screw job.  My sister in Newbury said it's barely snowing there.  

Picked up nicely in FIT, but still not 3"/4" per hour. 

Just now, sbos_wx said:

The E Ma crew should look over E CT for their band. You can see how the death band is heading eastward. The echos downstream of it are intensifying as best dynamics shift toward the eastern half of the area.

Already looks 100% better than 45 minutes ago. Hope it keeps up going for a dog walk and it's a lot more gusty than I was expecting.

The wall arrived outside the Augusta office 10:15-10:20 as it was "Is it snowing yet?" (sorry, couldn't resist) to SN+ in less than 5 min.  Current visibility going back and forth between 500' and 1,000'.  Nice fat aggregates, would probably show a ratio north of 20:1 if measured hourly.  Must be 2-3"/hr stuff, not quite in Jeff's league.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It has become light here.  Waiting for godot again...

Some of the lightest rates of the day at the moment... but I think this afternoon won't disappoint

This dry stretch before 1pm was well depicted on guidance.

We have to get through that subsidence associated with the main band out west, and that main band collapses east and looks like it will merge with the CCB between 19z-22z

Archived