Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9 Cold Rain Event

yoda

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Is everybody just ignoring this?  The NAM was awful.

I don't want to wishcast... although I agree that sounding doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. I think the models (ukie, 6zgfs) have been keyed in on the intensification portion of the event. If it does rapidly intensify in the right spot I think  we can overcome the marginal look of that sounded. I've always thought a 2-3" thump would be my bar. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

You don't have to go too far north to get crushed.  Psu should be pleased.  

He's probably sweating it too. I know I am. WE most likely will start as rain as well though we have a far better chance of switching over and quicker then those down in the cities. Those snowfall maps? Pretty worthless when you are waiting for cold to seep in.

Just now, osfan24 said:

I thought NAM was a significant improvement. It might not do much for those close to the cities, especially DC, but for Mt. Parkton and Manchester folks, it's getting close to a pretty good little storm.

That's all you can ask for at this stage, seeing improvements each run. It's almost a given at this point that most around the cities will start as rain and probably stay that way for a good portion of the event. The question then becomes how quickly the cold air can get in here so that we see can see a switch over. And with that I have seen improvements.

Not saying anything that's gonna surprise anyone but this is gonna take a miracle for the cities. Its screaming subforum divider. I'm taking my gravestone and heading over to the Panic Room.

Analysis wise, nobody seemed to mention the EPS yet so I guess I'll try and be somewhat useful...

The mean improved for everyone, 2.5" now approaches NW D.C., the 2" line is safely south of Fairfax.

Archived