Newest Member
    CHSVol
Wave 2, 1/7-8/17 Discussion/OBS

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Heavy echos really expanding over the city now. Should be 1-2"/hour at this point. 

I wouldn't call it heavy JM, it's more like borderline moderate.  Visibility depends on how strong the winds are- when it's not windy the visibility is around half a mile and when it's windy it's less than a quarter of a mile.

19 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Just went to our local pub for a great snowday meal: bacon cheeseburger, fries and a Long Island Iced Tea!  It's gorgeous out there.  

Anyway, we've definitely been in a bit of a lull since noon, as we only got 3/4" in the last 2 hours - up to 2.5" as of 2 pm.  Looks like we're about to get back into the 20+ DBZ echoes, so hopefully we can at least get to 4" - really don't think the warning is going to verify in northern Middlesex County - in fact when you look at the map it sticks out like a sore thumb as there's no warning to our SW in Mercer or our east in SI (and you would think east will be snowier).  But given that it looked like a dusting 2 days ago, I'll take 3-4".  

Holy dendrites Batman - just got into the heaviest snow of the storm here.  Visibility not much more than 1/4 mile (1/4 mile or less is criterion for "heavy" snow).  I'm sure this is at least 1" per hour snow - if we can hold onto this for 60-90 minutes, we'll at least get to 4".  Anything above that is pure gravy.  Gotta head outside...

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

Holy dendrites Batman - just got into the heaviest snow of the storm here.  Visibility not much more than 1/4 mile (1/4 mile or less is criterion for "heavy" snow).  I'm sure this is at least 1" per hour snow - if we can hold onto this for 60-90 minutes, we'll at least get to 4".  Anything above that is pure gravy.  Gotta head outside...

Going right up 95. S+

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived