Newest Member
    joxey
Wave 2, 1/7-8/17 Discussion/OBS

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

About 1.75" as of 12 pm in Metuchen.  Snow/radar have lightened up a bit - hopefully a lull.  Love that the NWS finally upgraded most of the region to advisories and even warnings, although I'm skeptical of Middlesex reaching the 6" criterion for a warning (maybe SE half will).  I'll be ecstatic with 4 or 5".  

Just went to our local pub for a great snowday meal: bacon cheeseburger, fries and a Long Island Iced Tea!  It's gorgeous out there.  

Anyway, we've definitely been in a bit of a lull since noon, as we only got 3/4" in the last 2 hours - up to 2.5" as of 2 pm.  Looks like we're about to get back into the 20+ DBZ echoes, so hopefully we can at least get to 4" - really don't think the warning is going to verify in northern Middlesex County - in fact when you look at the map it sticks out like a sore thumb as there's no warning to our SW in Mercer or our east in SI (and you would think east will be snowier).  But given that it looked like a dusting 2 days ago, I'll take 3-4".  

Just now, RU848789 said:

Just went to our local pub for a great snowday meal: bacon cheeseburger, fries and a Long Island Iced Tea!  It's gorgeous out there.  

Anyway, we've definitely been in a bit of a lull since noon, as we only got 3/4" in the last 2 hours - up to 2.5" as of 2 pm.  Looks like we're about to get back into the 20+ DBZ echoes, so hopefully we can at least get to 4" - really don't thing the warning is going to verify in northern Middlesex County - in fact when you look at the map it sticks out like a sore thumb as there's no warning to our SW in Mercer or our east in SI (and you would think east will be snowier).  But given that it looked like a dusting 2 days ago, I'll take 3-4".  

Yep really slowed down since noon. Even the 20dbz don't seem that heavy 

7 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Yep really slowed down since noon. Even the 20dbz don't seem that heavy 

Yes I've noticed that too. When the heavier echoes go over us, the snow intensity doesn't seem to match up to the echoes. It doesn't get any better than high end light to low end moderate. And on radar the back edge of the significant snow is making progress southeast. I'm starting to wonder if we'll get  to 3 inches here. So far about 2 here. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived