joxey
Wave 2, 1/7-8/17 Discussion/OBS

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Are you measuring or just eyeballing?

measuring,i'm going out now for a update,since it's really coming down a.t.m..the math adds up if you just used the liquid eq to ratios and early virga. 

by now i've been defending my position forever it seems,from my first call for a west shift to my snow measurements. i used expert charts,climo bearings and trendcasting and yet i have to answer questions over and over again.. :lol:

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

Looks like its drying out from the NW, don't know what everyones talkng about building westward.

^^

That's what I'm seeing too. Can someone explain how the heavy bands stopped moving eastward? bc from what i'm seeing, they are still moving eastward.

It's fantastic outside.  Drove from Selden to the Five Guys off LIE exit 57.  Lots of people out and about. Probably not a good idea if you don't have AWD but I see lots of cars are doing ok.  Of course BMW driving around messing around.  

Central Suffolk around 4 inches now I think.  Coming down steady.  Air is cold and the water keeps re-freezing on my windshield making it a bit of a pain. 

22 Degrees in Hauppauge. 

Love this.

29 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 3:00 pm, we're up to 3.5", so we got 1" in the last hour. Still snowing fairly heavily, as we're under 25-30 DBZ radar echoes and have slightly more than 1/4 mile visibility. 20F out there.  Here's an oddity: coldest temp in NJ is in Walpack, Sussex County at 24F - maybe because it's not snowing there?  

As of 3:30 pm, we're at 4.25" so 3/4" in the last 30 minutes, as it's been snowing quite heavily.  Looks like 5" is easily in reach, given the bands to our SW, and maybe 6" - looks like the NWS may end up being right about adding Middlesex to the warning area, after all. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived