joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wave 2, 1/7-8/17 Discussion/OBS

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seemed to eyeball a general 2.5" right above MMU. It was a very pretty day and lovely snowfall, and I didn't break my back shoveling like I did on 12/17/2016! While naturally, I would have loved to see a big snow around here, this is was the type of snow I wish for every Christmas morning: soft, easy to clean, and not too disruptive. 

12 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

Living by a park in NYC is the f'ing best.

We spent five minutes deciding between Central Park and Riverside. I love getting lost in the NW part of Central Park when it's snowing heavily. You can feel like you are in Vermont. But Riverside sledding is great.

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

Here it's down to extremely light snow and flurries. I have 4.5" ..... guess I got slightly less because I'm in the extreme northern corner on Middlesex county. I see some of you guys got over 5. 

Yeah the HRRR showed the tight gradient in our county. I'm just by the turnpike and at the start of 287

43 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 5 pm, we hit 5.0", as that last band did backbuild to the west just enough to get us that last 1/4".  Looking at the radar, I doubt we get more than another 1/4" unless some stray short bands/squalls hit us, which is unlikely.  Areas in eastern half of Monmouth and Ocean and from NYC eastward can still get another inch or so, but I think it'll be over everywhere in NJ by 7 pm. 

Given that I'm seeing lots of 5-6" amounts in Middlesex County on AmericanWx, I'd say the NWS did well to go with the warning for 6" of snow (and I doubted them when they issued it around noon).  Just came in from a walk and my 2nd "shovel" with a push broom - nice easy stuff to push around. 

Well, we did get that last 1/4" over the last hour and it's snowing really lightly now and just about done I'd say. I'm calling it over at 5.25".  Have seen reports of 6" or so in Edison and Woodbridge, so I'm certainly not in any jackpot this time, lol (had 2.75" Friday morning, which looked like the most in at least Central Jersey).  Great storm - huge overperformer relative to what looked to be coming a few days ago and even yesterday.   

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived