joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wave 2, 1/7-8/17 Discussion/OBS

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of 3:00 pm, we're up to 3.5", so we got 1" in the last hour. Still snowing fairly heavily, as we're under 25-30 DBZ radar echoes and have slightly more than 1/4 mile visibility. 20F out there.  Here's an oddity: coldest temp in NJ is in Walpack, Sussex County at 24F - maybe because it's not snowing there?  

New Jersey Air Temperature Map

2 minutes ago, BxWeatherwatcher said:

hard to believe your still at 3 now,take a trip to moshulu pkwy it's over 4 easily and still ripping out. it's been pouring snow for almost 3 and half hours up here in multiple bands.

I don't know how you're measuring 4+. Must be extremely localized as Norwood is only about 20 blocks up from me.

1 minute ago, NortheastPAWx said:

I don't know how you're measuring 4+. Must be extremely localized as Norwood is only about 20 blocks up from me.

yeah i'm by the oval park/moshulu pkwy area. all hills and woods up here,believe me it's intense for all of us right now with this megaband lashing us right now. if your by fordham road then yeah you might have 3+ by now only because of more density and uhi effect..only real way to find out is to walk the parks away from the paved surfaces to see that indeed it's over 4 inches already and adding per minute lol

Just now, BxWeatherwatcher said:

yeah i'm by the oval park/moshulu pkwy area. all hills and woods up here,believe me it's intense for all of us right now with this megaband lashing us right now. if your by fordham road then yeah you might have 3+ by now only because of more density and uhi effect..only real way to find out is to walk the parks away from the paved surfaces to see that indeed it's over 4 inches already and adding per minute lol

Are you measuring or just eyeballing?

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived