joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29th Storm Obs

HIPPYVALLEY

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well...heh .. .I can't honestly say I've had a very good handle on this particular event.  I was pretty convinced two days ago that the non-hydrostatic solutions were onto something, and I sited reasons surrounding cold and thermal layout at 850 and so forth. 

Then, yesterday's solution came along and pissed all over solid theoretical application ... 

Only to turn around in near terms/now-cast as though those original ideas may have been more right all along, ...

Only now, we get the slight east position and so forth but it still rains... Okay - that's ur storm. 

we'll see if the flash back hoopla takes place... (Edit, that may be happening in CT)

One way or the other, if ur going to be out and about later on, be careful!  man, those roads up here are going to flash faster than an intermission at an NHL game -

4 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

ASH is gonna get crushed in 1-2 hours. Maybe less. Should make up for it when it bombs around CC.

Really? I will wait and see, I had more calls from friends again  saying don't quit your day job Philip ! They won't let me live this one down however I will wait till the endThey won't let me live this one down however I will wait till the end

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The models had it getting up that way for a time anyways. Subby zones though FTL.                     

Yeah the sub didn't help. Was hoping to not flip for a time but really not suprised. Most of the hrrr runs today flipped me here for a time. Pretty much the whole time it's been raining you can see catpaws on your jacket. It's been close.  

It may have made a bit more west than it looked earlier but it's coming

Archived