Newest Member
    joxey
December 29th Storm Obs

HIPPYVALLEY

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Interesting, I noticed he holy cross webcam went to mostly rain for a brief time but it is now going back to snow...never mixed on winter hill. At least not yet. Just pounding huge aggregates though. Absolute crush job.

If you loop the HRRR 1 hour snowfall, you can see how it really starts to crank for central MA in the next couple of hours. Seems like go time.

1 minute ago, White Rain said:

We have been all snow here from start to finish but I imagine the rain/snow line has gotten very close. Hope this snow keeps up because it's incredible right now.

Holy cross has gone back to pounding aggregates...I've been using that as a gauge to the south, lol. You're good for now and might stay that way.

Just now, bobbutts said:

Rain has snuck up pretty far into NH per intellicast radar.

Farther and longer than I thought it would. Like I said earlier, glad I wasn't actually forecasting this. We will still get whacked later, but verifying a warning isn't looking as good as it was earlier today.

Storm is strengthening, but back edge is approaching to quick for most to cache in on the goods. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

wow, that's pretty spot on for what i'm getting here.  i've very close to that pink line east of Leominster and it's pretty much 50/50 white rain here.

wow...must be really close. Still nice big flakes here in downtown FIT, elev. is only about 300' here too. 

3 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Farther and longer than I thought it would. Like I said earlier, glad I wasn't actually forecasting this. We will still get whacked later, but verifying a warning isn't looking as good as it was earlier today.

ASH is gonna get crushed in 1-2 hours. Maybe less. Should make up for it when it bombs around CC.

Archived