Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Hurricane Matthew and any potential impacts to New England

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There are certain rudimentary truths to existence, such as life, death, creation and destruction.

The inability of some to accept any solitaire one of them is what keeps psychotherapists in business. 

This is awesome. I stress man. But I also know I could be hit by a meteorite in my sleep. F*ck it. 

6 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, weather is a hobby that brings out some unexpected emotions.  

Nice grammatical use of a semi-colon btw.   :)

I love the semi-colon; it's use is nearly ignored by most people.

LOL at the GFS (though concerned for Roosta and the SE folks).  What a kick in the nuts for those with storm envy--we get nothing and the Bahamas and Florida get it twice.

Are you doing the reverse weather psychology thing, or are you tossing any real impact based on one run? If we get sprinkles and a few falling leaves, I won't be surprised, but a little early to write this off, no?

I'm tossing the prospect of Mattie coming up the coast via a phase with the incoming trough in the mid term. The writing has been on the wall with that for several runs, not just one run, and it has to do with the longwave pattern which models start to hone in on around day 4 (or day 5 if it is the Euro). The GEPS caving to the Euro two days ago was the big red flag for me.

If it is going to do a loop-de-loop down in the bahamas and then somehow catch a second trough 10 days from now and ride it up the coast...well that's just la la land and not worth discussing for another 5 days.

Archived