Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Hurricane Matthew and any potential impacts to New England

USCAPEWEATHERAF

3 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Also a true point here.

You can see the HWRF and GFDL tend to do better than the globals when it comes to intensity. And as a result the NHC forecast gets worse with time as they begin to include more global data in the intensity blend.

Is that for the basin in general, or just for tropical cyclones? If the latter, that wouldn't help for all the times the hurricane models spin up erroneous cyclones.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Is that for the basin in general, or just for tropical cyclones? If the latter, that wouldn't help for all the times the hurricane models spin up erroneous cyclones.

I think it's for a track-able feature (i.e. an INVEST). 

We more or less have the same problems we've always had. We're better at track than intensity, and though track is improving we aren't particularly good with that beyond 3 or 4 days either. 

4 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

is that photographer location the same guy who captured the images of sprites?  Neat stuff  http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2016/10/03/sprites-hurricane-matthew/91474952/

I will say, sprites may have been the weeniest thing I've ever gone triple bunner for. I saw them once in Iowa, and still am pissed that my camera wasn't ready to go.

50 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So Donnie, you wanted to retire to Florida and see a cane, well here ya go my good friend. Godspeed, enjoy, hope the new pool doesn't get too much debris.

Especially considering everything a few years back before he moved. Don's a good guy. Always been a great poster too. 

Hope he stays safe as possible during any impacts.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea..we'll find out.

I'm am not saying anyone is wrong....just not locking in a system much stronger than it is now.

Nor did I question, just from a visual perspective. You might be right.
Wow the line to fill the gas tank was around the corner down the street, think I might have even seen Willy.
No bread, no milk but I did find TP, oh what a relief it is. Hot and humid outside, cobalt blue skies dotted by Cb towers. The air just has that feel to it. 

Archived