joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Hurricane Matthew and any potential impacts to New England

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Open invitation stands. Have room for 1/2 dozen people.

Kind of wishing I wasn't me right now.

ROOSTA will prevail and enjoy every minute of it, less the destruction and clean-up.

I should send my parents your way! They just told me they're staying put. Scares the hell out of me.

Heron dr
Palm coast

7272eaad294f4521b2a57d63be2c62f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

I should send my parents your way! They just told me they're staying put. Scares the hell out of me.

Heron dr
Palm coast

7272eaad294f4521b2a57d63be2c62f9.jpg

I'd go pick them up. Only an hour drive.
Serious, float it by them. Let me know please.

28 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

I was kidding, but seriously appreciate the offer. They say they're 12' ASL, I think they're more like 5'. Their house is 400-500 yards from the Intracoastal.

My uncle's place is on the Intracoastal. Got badly damaged in the last hurricane, whenever that was. This may bring a total loss.

My uncle's place is on the Intracoastal. Got badly damaged in the last hurricane, whenever that was. This may bring a total loss.

Yeah, this ****'s no joke.

The only saving grace may be that the wind field deteriorates a bit if it makes a landfall along the spacecoast?

The rain/wind doesn't bother me so much as they're in a recently constructed house. I'm thinking a few roof tiles lost as well as their screened-in pool enclosure. It's the potential surge that scares me. It's a 2-story dwelling, but a few feet of water would kill their vehicles and their generator. They may be stuck there for a while.

Just now, Professional Lurker said:

The only saving grace may be that the wind field deteriorates a bit if it makes a landfall along the spacecoast?

The rain/wind doesn't bother me so much as they're in a recently constructed house. I'm thinking a few roof tiles lost as who as their screened in pool enclosure. It's the potential surge that scares me. It's a 2-story dwelling, but a few feet of water would kill their vehicles and their generator. They may be stuck there for a while.

Surge is my chief concern, too. Very worrisome.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Will be costliest cane in US history. Won't be close. Over 1 billion with ease. Much of East coast of FL may be wiped clean 

Maybe not wiped clean because final track and intensity won't be known until after it happens but if this holds together it should out do Katrina and Andrew.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I know Norcross earned his stripes during Andrew but a couple of things he said tonight have me scratching my head.

He just said that Nicole appears to be strengthening more than the NHC predicted and may be developing an eye, and that the two storms are only 800 miles apart.  He said that if Nicole continues to strengthen, it could affect the progged path of Matthew downstream.

1 hour ago, Professional Lurker said:

The rain/wind doesn't bother me so much as they're in a recently constructed house. I'm thinking a few roof tiles lost as well as their screened-in pool enclosure. It's the potential surge that scares me. It's a 2-story dwelling, but a few feet of water would kill their vehicles and their generator. They may be stuck there for a while.

Can I say something without offending? Their area is in the NE quad of a potential cat 4/5 ,they are on the ocean. Are they really thinking this out?

Hold them horses Kev. Barely a CAT2 now which is fine by me and probably anyone living down here.
As to re-intensifying the overall structure has a more symmetric look and this has a history of going boom. Personally sticking with CAT4 but if it doesn't there is nothing anyone can do.     

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

He just said that Nicole appears to be strengthening more than the NHC predicted and may be developing an eye, and that the two storms are only 800 miles apart.  He said that if Nicole continues to strengthen, it could affect the progged path of Matthew downstream.

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Nothing wrong with that, microwave shows Nicole's eye

Jeebus check out the zone for Cocoa Beach.   My dad lives 50 miles inland and he is forecast for 100mph gusts.

NORTHERN BREVARD COUNTY-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...COCOA...TITUSVILLE
458 PM EDT WED OCT 5 2016

...HURRICANE WARNING IN EFFECT...
...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY
EVENING...

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND A SLIGHT
CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS UNTIL AROUND MIDNIGHT...THEN CLOUDY WITH
SHOWERS LIKELY AND A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS LATE. LOWS IN THE
UPPER 70S. NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND
25 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY...TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS POSSIBLE WITH HURRICANE
CONDITIONS ALSO POSSIBLE. CLOUDY WITH SHOWERS LIKELY AND A CHANCE
OF THUNDERSTORMS. SOME STORMS MAY PRODUCE HEAVY RAINFALL. HIGHS
IN THE MID 80S. NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND
30 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...HURRICANE CONDITIONS EXPECTED. SHOWERS AND A
CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. SOME STORMS MAY PRODUCE HEAVY RAINFALL.
LOWS AROUND 80. NORTH WINDS 35 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND
50 MPH BECOMING NORTHEAST AND INCREASING TO 55 TO 75 MPH WITH
GUSTS TO AROUND 90 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF RAIN 90 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY...HURRICANE CONDITIONS EXPECTED. SHOWERS AND A CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS. SOME STORMS MAY PRODUCE HEAVY RAINFALL. HIGHS IN
THE MID 80S. NORTH WINDS 95 TO 115 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND
140 MPH BECOMING WEST AND DECREASING TO 85 TO 105 MPH WITH GUSTS
TO AROUND 130 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF RAIN 90 PERCENT.

1 minute ago, ROOSTA said:

Hold them horses Kev. Barely a CAT2 now which is fine by me and probably anyone living down here.
As to re-intensifying the overall structure has a more symmetric look and this has a history of going boom. Personally sticking with CAT4 but if it doesn't there is nothing anyone can do.     

I think you mean barely a CAT3.

I was just down in Cape Canaveral this winter  in a  condo for my vacation.  I got to meet some very nice people  and went to the Kennedy Space Center as well.  We were literally right on the water, we kept the door open for the balcony so we could hear the waves crashing while we slept. I remember going to a barbecue joint and talking to the business owner and he was so excited about how he was going to be opening a new place. It was by far my best vacation ever, my wife and I loved the area and it's sad to think about what it could look like in a couple of days.

Archived