Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Hurricane Matthew and any potential impacts to New England

USCAPEWEATHERAF

8 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Hold them horses Kev. Barely a CAT2 now which is fine by me and probably anyone living down here.
As to re-intensifying the overall structure has a more symmetric look and this has a history of going boom. Personally sticking with CAT4 but if it doesn't there is nothing anyone can do.     

It will come in as strOng  cat 4.. and possibly a 5 ..but all accounts . A disaster is about to unfold . We all hope for the best and all you guys are in our prayers 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I say something without offending? Their area is in the NE quad of a potential cat 4/5 ,they are on the ocean. Are they really thinking this out?

No offense taken. I spent the morning telling them to leave. I wanted them to get as far as jax tonite to avoid the I-95 clusterfuk tomorrow.

They said they wanted to wait to make a decision until tonite. I fear their idiot neighbors may be telling them that they're over-reacting.

My hope is that they come to their senses tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Professional Lurker said:

No offense taken. I spent the morning telling them to leave. I wanted them to get as far as jax tonite to avoid the I-95 clusterfuk tomorrow.

They said they wanted to wait to make a decision until tonite. I fear their idiot neighbors may be telling them that they're over-reacting.

Send them the surge maps, If as LEK thinks this LFs near Daytona they are in the worst possible location with a river intracoastal ocean. Are there mandatory Evacs there?

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It will come in as strOng  cat 4.. and possibly a 5 ..but all accounts . A disaster is about to unfold . We all hope for the best and all you guys are in our prayers 

Thanks Kev. And just to reiterate even the most seasoned TROP MET (no offense) can explain the sudden fluctuations in intensity, only speculate.

12 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

I'd honestly be a little more forceful with them. 

Send them the surge maps, If as LEK thinks this LFs near Daytona they are in the worst possible location with a river intracoastal ocean. Are there mandatory Evacs there?

Flagler county has voluntary evacs currently in "zone A" which is from the Intracoastal east to the beach, and some parts of zone B (which they're in). Those evacs become mandatory at 8am tomorrow morning.

For some rediculous reason, they don't think they're in the evac zone.

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I've got a bunch of non weather related friends in central and coastal FL. Most are in newer housing.  Many have been through hurricanes before but realize this one is different. 

There seems to be a lot of downplaying of this storm.  Unfortunately I think many people will be caught by surprise and there will be many unnecessary deaths because of it.  I hope thats not the case, but just reading some of the articles on the news sites, it seems many people are just hunkering down.

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I've got a bunch of non weather related friends in central and coastal FL. Most are in newer housing.  Many have been through hurricanes before but realize this one is different. 

Media has done an excellent job IMO. Tone alone gives the dire need to heed warnings. "Likes never seen before" is an attention getter and the explanation should be a show stopper.

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

There seems to be a lot of downplaying of this storm.  Unfortunately I think many people will be caught by surprise and there will be many unnecessary deaths because of it.  I hope thats not the case, but just reading some of the articles on the news sites, it seems many people are just hunkering down.

Many of my friends have hit the road, but some are staying put.  Drinking water will b an issue. Most stores sold out.  

15 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Many of my friends have hit the road, but some are staying put.  Drinking water will b an issue. Most stores sold out.  

Part of the problem is they have not been hit directly in awhile and with anything as strong as this.  

Anyone know what the strongest hurricane to hit the Port Canaveral area is?  Obviously Andrew near Miami, but that was much more compact then this was and didn't affect the areas north of it very much.  

Archived