Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Tracking Hurricane Matthew and any potential impacts to New England

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wishing and wanting a 38 in your backyard is just ignorance fueled by bedtime stories and living in someone else's basement. Once I grew up and realized what would really happen to hundreds of thousands I dropped the destruction in my hood fantasy quickly.

Only an idiot would wish for a 38 repeat. But it's always nice to have interesting weather impacting your BY...I see no harm in rooting for a TS or transitioning ET storm level impact. A 50-60 mph gust type deal with 3-6" of rain makes things somewhat exciting without the threat of widespread destruction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wishing and wanting a 38 in your backyard is just ignorance fueled by bedtime stories and living in someone else's basement. Once I grew up and realized what would really happen to hundreds of thousands I dropped the destruction in my hood fantasy quickly.

The definition of a small mind is the inability to appreciate alternative points of view, regardless of how disparate they may be from your own.

People spend their lives analyzing the history of war, too.

Nobody controls the weather..take that crap to OT.

59 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

That depends on when exactly you consider the nothing to have happened.

Are you doing the reverse weather psychology thing, or are you tossing any real impact based on one run? If we get sprinkles and a few falling leaves, I won't be surprised, but a little early to write this off, no?

18 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The definition of a small mind is the inability to appreciate alternative points of view, regardless of how disparate they may be from your own.

Except there are probably far fewer war historians that wish for repeat scenarios of their most studied events. I'm not sure that is the case amongst weather enthusiasts. 

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Except there are probably far fewer war historians that wish for repeat scenarios of their most studied events. I'm not sure that is the case amongst weather enthusiasts. 

Yes, that is true; not a perfect analogy in that sense, but the underlying assertions remain.

37 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have just as much right to express my opinion as you do to want it . If you are so enamored drive to Charleston, camp out and chase. Best news all week for us.  A good Noreaster would have been cool.Silly to wish 38 . Go chase 

41 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

People spend their lives analyzing the history the history of war too

And not one battlefield buff wants one in their backyard Educated people understand and learn lessons from history.  No one controls the weather but getting upset because 38 ain't walking in the door is juvenile 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I have just as much right to express my opinion as you do to want it . If you are so enamored drive to Charleston, camp out and chase. Best news all week for us.  A good Noreaster would have been cool.Silly to wish 38 . Go chase 

First of all, you can express your opinion all you want...without vommitting disparaging remarks at those with alternate views, which you failed to do...hence the "acceptance of alternate points of view".

Secondly, that is OT...I suggest you take it there.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Good call..you were all over this coming west and hitting FL.

Not yet but thanks.

In many ways had to with so much at stake. Tomorrow morning I'm going to attach the shutters, all my windows on the outside have velcro, I think they're stored in the shed which I have yet to look in. I have about a weeks worth of tuna fish and spaghetti. Not worried about nurishment, 14k gallons of water at my disposal and in lieu of A/C I can just go swimming.      

2 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Is Nicole having any influence on the steering of Matthew.? I mean, it's not often you see one TC progged heading straight for another TC from W to E at that latitude, although Nicole could be only a depression by then.

I would say no. Matthew is so large it encapsulated in it's own environment. It's the building ridge to the N and E influencing the W track. The loop is gaining some legs... yeah a double hit.

Archived