Newest Member
    Toothache
Tracking Hurricane Matthew and any potential impacts to New England

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd rather a big US LF, than some half-a$$ sne deal....topical weather is easy for me to live vicariously....winter wx, not so much.

I'm not too IMBY happy RE the tropicals......

Makes sense.  A tropical storm hitting Florida and the Carolinas is easier to live vicariously through on TV than watching Dendrite get 15" of paste while it pours at 34F outside, even if you can watch it on his web cam.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Exactly.

I want a major impact.....not 4" of rain with exaggerated, unimpressive wind gusts.

I'm the same... tropical weather I can watch live on TWC or look at the nearest obs.  Don't have the "wish I was there" feeling like I do with a big winter storm.

26 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I'm not spiking anything yet. If yesterday was too far out to make any real guesses, I don't see why today would be any different.

long ways to go 

Huh?  Its 24 hours closer.  Model skill increases as you get closer to the event time.  Its still a long ways out and I get what you are saying, but we are getting into that time frame where skill will increase with each passing day.  The difference between a day 10 and day 9 prog is different than the difference of a day 5 vs day 4 prog.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Huh?  Its 24 hours closer.  Model skill increases as you get closer to the event time.  Its still a long ways out and I get what you are saying, but we are getting into that time frame where skill will increase with each passing day.  The difference between a day 10 and day 9 prog is different than the difference of a day 5 vs day 4 prog.

Let him go....denial is a form of coping.

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Makes sense.  A tropical storm hitting Florida and the Carolinas is easier to live vicariously through on TV than watching Dendrite get 15" of paste while it pours at 34F outside, even if you can watch it on his web cam.

You can live vicariously through me, I just spent 5 hours shuttering my house with more to do tomorrow!

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Right.... but isn't this a late Sunday... Monday thing? Maybe even into Tuesday?

is there really a big difference between 7-8 day modeling and 6-7 days modeling? Hard to imagine the difference is enough to inspire any real confidence.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wishing and wanting a 38 in your backyard is just ignorance fueled by bedtime stories and living in someone else's basement. Once I grew up and realized what would really happen to hundreds of thousands I dropped the destruction in my hood fantasy quickly.

So true!   

Archived