• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Aug OBS / Discuss

EastCoast NPZ

Its always fun to put kids to bed in the middle of a storm with lots of T&L.  Even better to tell them that lightning can hit their pillow.  I'm a terrible dad.

What was also fun was getting the radarscope pro and watching all the strikes from those cells.  It was a very impressive light show.  1.23" rain.  That doubles what I've had for the past month.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I like 100 at DCA and home tomorrow. Would be an incredible 4th day in a row at DCA and 3/4 here. Incredible heat wave considering that we're coming off peak climo. 

I am betting against 100 today simply because of the rain last night.  I think DCA was able to get there yesterday because it was still so dry.

96.8 with 1.29" of rain at home.

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Only got .51" yesterday, and 1.10" for the past two days.  No complaints though.  The ground is still soft from the 4+" at the end of July and as long as the periodic storms continue for the next couple of weeks, aerating and fall seeding will be easy.

Now if only I can get rid of the these darn raccoons.

I got about .5 here as well.  Maybe you can get a Fox Terrier to go in a root them out :P 

1.57" yesterday. The radar looked a lot more impressive than reality after the main cells moved through. Only picked up 0.15" or so in the couple hours after the heaviest stuff was done.

It was a damn fine storm that's been a long time coming - easily doubled total rainfall of the past few weeks.

3 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

84.6.  Reminiscent of the day after the derecho where we ended up 7 degrees lower despite a similar-ish airmass.

Need a good starting base to get really hot usually. Too much rain.

17 minutes ago, mattie g said:

So that means 98 then?

It was hot as fugg the day of the derecho. Pure misery.

97 after 104 on the derecho day. 

92.4 and rising at home.  Usually by this time of day the temp has leveled out some and then moves up in waves.  Straight line today.  81 DP over the probably still wet garden/lawn.

90/77 at DCA

7 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

97 after 104 on the derecho day. 

92.4 and rising at home.  Usually by this time of day the temp has leveled out some and then moves up in waves.  Straight line today.  81 DP over the probably still wet garden/lawn.

90/77 at DCA

I was close!

Walked outside at around noon in Chinatown. Not that bad in the shade, relatively speaking.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived