Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Aug OBS / Discuss

EastCoast NPZ

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Can't get a good shot of the cell to my east, but it's putting down some legit lightning per radar.

Yup. It's in between both of us. It's just to my west rumbling away. I was in the middle of watering when I noticed the anvil coming into view over the trees, then the rumbling started. It's headed my way. I hope it makes it. We need it!

Jungle conditions with rumbles to the west. Beautiful summer evening. 

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were driving home from Calvert and got caught by a heavy t-storm right as we got off the Beltway onto I-95 N to get on the ICC.  My wife was driving and she freaked when we had about a 40 mph gust with just blinding rain.  We found a big construction sign on the shoulder so we pulled over just past it and waited a few.  It was INTENSE!  Several others pulled over as well.

Got home to Germantown and found 1.12 in the gauge.

1.25 for the month.

25 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

We were driving home from Calvert and got caught by a heavy t-storm right as we got off the Beltway onto I-95 N to get on the ICC.  My wife was driving and she freaked when we had about a 40 mph gust with just blinding rain.  We found a big construction sign on the shoulder so we pulled over just past it and waited a few.  It was INTENSE!  Several others pulled over as well.

Got home to Germantown and found 1.12 in the gauge.

1.25 for the month.

Was this like around 7:45 as I was in that area and there were some wild things going on with the clouds including what looked like a rotating rain shaft ?

My AC has been like this last two days

what is your story?

keep it at 77 and starting 10 until 4 it's on for 7-10 minutes then off for 10-12 then repeat

I have  a south facing split level so by 4pm the sun is really working the upper level and its on for 15-20 then off for 5 and repeat

6-8 is like earlier then after 8 and thru night on for 5 then off for 20-30

Had about three minutes of raindrops the size of golfballs at around 5:00 yesterday afternoon. Not sure how much it dropped, but couldn't have been any more than 0.05". Did enough to cool it down for about 30 minutes, then it heated up again.

Haven't slept well in about five or six days because the AC is having a tough time keeping up, especially upstairs. It's too damn hot!

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived