SnowHabit
Aug OBS / Discuss

EastCoast NPZ

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I haven't seen you in a while. I know what that means. #stormseasonfail

I would post this over in banter but I figure one post that's OT won't harm the obs thread if we are only tracking heat for now - 

Have been helping the girlfriend move down from PA to her new apartment in DC (she's going to AU in the fall for graduate program!). I've been lurking when I can, though. I like that the GFS has something out in fantasy land for the tropical tracking contingent. Now it's not just my lovely CFS - still...it's so far out...but at least it starts to form off Africa sub 200 hours haha. I Just need something other than dewpoints and heat to track. 

45 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Noticeably lower dews will be here by thurs/fri. It will feel a lot different than the last 3 days. Next week is going to feel cold. lol. 

I hope that is true, but 2 days ago temps were forecast to retreat to normal beginning Tuesday.  Now, we are looking at mid 90s tomorrow and near (at least) 90F through the weekend.  I'll believe it'll cool off when it actually does so.

Currently 90 / 77.

10 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I hope that is true, but 2 days ago temps were forecast to retreat to normal beginning Tuesday.  Now, we are looking at mid 90s tomorrow and near (at least) 90F through the weekend.  I'll believe it'll cool off when it actually does so.

Currently 90 / 77.

It's going to be a process. It's going to be a warm week for sure but the blasting sauna will abate later this week. I can't wait for next week. 12z GFS has the front clearing early Monday with stiff NW breezes and nice dry continental air filtering during the afternoon/eve. You're prob going have some lows in the 50's wed/thurs mornings. 

Check out these dews on tues:

gfs_Td2m_neus_34.png

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's going to be a process. It's going to be a warm week for sure but the blasting sauna will abate later this week. I can't wait for next week. 12z GFS has the front clearing early Monday with stiff NW breezes and nice dry continental air filtering during the afternoon/eve. You're prob going have some lows in the 50's wed/thurs mornings. 

Check out these dews on tues:

gfs_Td2m_neus_34.png

If this happens, I'll be on my patio with the first batch of Sam Adams Octoberfest.  They even have a couple new fall offerings I'm itching to try.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks for your always forward-looking analysis.

39 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Radar pretty lit up over the mountains. Hopefully we can get some of that stuff in the metro area later this evening. Not as bad out there. Seems like a typical summer day. Temp 92

That activity is terrain induced and has a nice 35 kt jet core right over it.  We're on the outside looking in right now for that.  

16 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

That activity is terrain induced and has a nice 35 kt jet core right over it.  We're on the outside looking in right now for that.  

Would guess that our best/only shot would be if that activity sent some outflow our way to trip off more activity to the east. 

Capacitor went up on the AC yesterday evening. Repairman said he's replaced almost 30 since Thursday. The heat has been relentless.

I was camping at cunningham falls this past weekend. It was fine at night with the breeze, but afternoons were low 90s in the shade. Not exactly ideal camping weather. The big storm saturday night blew through just to the NW if the campground, but drenched us enough to cool things back to the 70s.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived