Newest Member
    joxey
Aug OBS / Discuss

EastCoast NPZ

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

The system will create it's own shear ;)

Lol! Just had a flashback to winter. Radar looks pretty telling. Unfortunately it looks like all the action is going to be along the border (what's new). Hopefully we can get that southern edge to juice up or maybe some more action to the SW.

Hot 93

35 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Really stinks that we have no shear whatsoever.  

This is a bit ridiculous.    Low-level shear is certainly garbage, but deep-layer shear is around 30 kt which is marginal but certainly not "no shear whatsoever".

I'm not calling for widespread destruction, but a few wet microbursts certainly seems like a reasonable outcome.

2 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Lol! Just had a flashback to winter. Radar looks pretty telling. Unfortunately it looks like all the action is going to be along the border (what's new). Hopefully we can get that southern edge to juice up or maybe some more action to the SW.

Hot 93

that is kind of new -- I've missed out the last few times. long off rumbles of thunder, light rain. action has been further south for sure

7 minutes ago, high risk said:

This is a bit ridiculous.    Low-level shear is certainly garbage, but deep-layer shear is around 30 kt which is marginal but certainly not "no shear whatsoever".

I'm not calling for widespread destruction, but a few wet microbursts certainly seems like a reasonable outcome.

Don't bother with him... 

22 minutes ago, high risk said:

you have to understand, eskimo joe is special kind of weather nerd. he's a good guy, just likes the extreme. so everything is pretty meh to him. 

If I had a drop of rain for every time Accuwx told me it was raining, or rain would be beginning in X minutes, when I log-on to check out the radar, then I might have a actual thunderstorm.

Right now it tells me rain will end in 43 minutes.  I haven't seen a drop yet today.....and there is nothing even remotely close on radar.

9 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You're one of my favorite posters.

Dawwww - if the emoticons were working I'd post one. 

I'm *slightly* encouraged that the line has built maybe just a touch SW. I'm not all that optimistic in it meaning much for YBY and MBY. We'll see. 

13 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Dawwww - if the emoticons were working I'd post one. 

I'm *slightly* encouraged that the line has built maybe just a touch SW. I'm not all that optimistic in it meaning much for YBY and MBY. We'll see. 

Nice defined outflow progressing east. Hopefully it can trigger something but I have a feeling you and I are going to be too far south for anything decent today. Hard to complain after yesterday though. That was a show. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived