Newest Member
    joxey
Aug OBS / Discuss

EastCoast NPZ

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Lost in all of this is the fact that DCA hit 100 for the 3rd straight day. Very impressive. 

And my high was 87.  That is quite a spread over 60 miles in an otherwise homogenous air mass.  There was some kind of front between us obviously.  I am now sitting at 70 after the storms and 1.25".

1 hour ago, Kmlwx said:

Well it's already apparent from velocity scans that the damaging wind threat isn't really there anymore. But I don't see much of a reason most of us west of say a line from Haymarket up to Gaithersburg or so shouldn't get heavy rain and storms again. 

Yeah it diminished as it moved into already sapped air mass north of Beltway but still a good rainer but much less wind and t&l

looks like downtown proper got pounded though 

8 minutes ago, 87storms said:

was driving on md200 when that nasty cell was moving through around 5-6pm.  easily a top ten storm for me.  basically as strong of a storm as you'll see around here from a rain and lightning standpoint.

Best of the year for me for sure. The cool part was it wasn't a radar long track. It just blew up just to the west and on top. Prob a finale for the year. Odds are against a better storm in my yard this year. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Best of the year for me for sure. The cool part was it wasn't a radar long track. It just blew up just to the west and on top. Prob a finale for the year. Odds are against a better storm is in the cards this year. 

it was crazy.  i pulled over to try to take vid, but my iphone 5 (not 5s, just 5 from almost 4 years ago lol) battery is horrible now (missing a pin on the port) so i had to keep plugging it in.  it was a disaster.  anyway, it would have been a great photo/vid opportunity.  ah well.  it literally felt like driving through a storm out of the movies.  i would say top ten all time thunderstorm for me.  the one a month or so ago that came down 270 through dc was nasty too.  this one might have been worse.  

Dale City got annihilated. We picked up 2-3 inches of rain. We badly needed it.

Look out next month and October when numerous tropical entities move NE along fronts. We are in for a VERY rainy fall and we will be scrambling to keep up with mowing our lawns. Remember Fall 1995? September will be VERY warm, even outright HOT, into early October with a lot of humidity and lots of rains. Let's hope we dont get Louisiana'd.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived