Newest Member
    joxey
Aug OBS / Discuss

EastCoast NPZ

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Is it possible to see an anvil from this far away?

I've been blown away when I've looked at anvils clouds then looked at radar. You can see them from 75 miles away. I've seen them 100 miles away in PA.

Storm look great as them approach the area. I hear thunder to my NW from that pop up. It hasn't effected the air mass in my area. Still plenty juicy for the main show.

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thanks for the answer. I definitely saw the anvil from the storm earlier today and that was over 50 miles away. 

Radar looks solid at the moment...

The other night I was driving in the area with my girlfriend and saw some towers that she pointed out and asked if those were storms. I said probably and I said they were probably a little to our NE. At a light I stopped and looked at Radarscope and they were up near Bel Air. I was blown away. 

2 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I'm not ready to be on the re-intensifying bandwagon yet. At least not to anywhere close to the earlier velocity scans. But it could be coming back just a tad. Also the wind core is probably obscured by the cone of silence for now. 

TDCA is down, but we do have Andrews.  Looks like 45-50mph-ish aloft.

The Columbia-Rockville deathband took a break this last winter, but it will be back!

More T&L with the storms tonight so far then in all the rain the other day.  

Ha! We shall see. Seriously though, glad you all are cashing in. I'm hoping some expands north. Can hear thunder but nothing but light rain here now

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived