joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Aug OBS / Discuss

EastCoast NPZ

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heavy showers passed thru Dale City with one to one and a half inches of wind driven rain

Summer will persist thru early October with 90s weather and 70s dewpoints, per la nina climatology.

A persistent sonoran/bermudan ridge complex will enforce this hot/humid setup for the next 6 weeks, after this brief cooldown.

A weakness in the ridge complex will direct many hurricanes to smash into Texas and New Orleans repeatedly this fall. Louisiana is about to descend into HELL. If they think its bad now............

10 minutes ago, Jebman said:

heavy showers passed thru Dale City with one to one and a half inches of wind driven rain

Summer will persist thru early October with 90s weather and 70s dewpoints, per la nina climatology.

A persistent sonoran/bermudan ridge complex will enforce this hot/humid setup for the next 6 weeks, after this brief cooldown.

A weakness in the ridge complex will direct many hurricanes to smash into Texas and New Orleans repeatedly this fall. Louisiana is about to descend into HELL. If they think its bad now............

:ee:

51 minutes ago, mappy said:

Been out in the yard for the last two hours, kept looking to see if stuff was coming in. Just checked radar and had to lol how we missed the whole line. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This morning's hrrr modeled the front redeveloping east of us pretty well. I chose to believe the LWX forecast and lost.

1 hour ago, ThePhotoGuy said:

Hearing reports that there was a Waterspout on the Chesapeake Bay between Fort Smallwood Park and Downs Park. 

Next door neighbor just docked his boat at his pier. I asked how bad it was out on the Bay during the storm. He saw the waterspout. Said it was a wild ride, and glad to be home.

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Wait, that's his house, right?

Wish it was mine, or at least that yard. I have the same problem here pretty much every summer. Too many trees + well drained soil + moles = futility 

Thankful for moss. It continues to take over during the cool, wet, low sun periods, and it seems to survive the hot, dry times. I will take a green carpet. Feels nice to walk on too.

This morning's hrrr modeled the front redeveloping east of us pretty well. I chose to believe the LWX forecast and lost.

I picked up .5" from the morning stuff. Made weeding the gardens much easier this afternoon. Was hoping for some thunder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived