joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15-16 President's Day Massacre Obs

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

steady light snow...a few tenths to perhaps a half inch...

nyc metro area gets 2 to 3...amazing...it always amazes me how these set ups the nyc to mid atlantic often far out produces interior sne and its not just this set up...i have seen it many times when the high was in a good spot but the precip got shredded  bc it was too dry but south got clocked and by the time the better lift arrived the mid levels have warmed...so while helpful,a strong high doesn't always guarantee success in this type of event

the best swfe i saw here were the back to back ones in the winter of 13-14 and also the first part of the feb 1 storm

Just ran a quick time of arrival tool on the leading edge of mixing based on kbox 0.5 degree elevation and it would have change over in about 3 hours at the NH border.

Now there's no guarantee that the melting layer will maintain it's current pace, but that's what we're looking at verbatim.

Just ran a quick time of arrival tool on the leading edge of mixing based on kbox 0.5 degree elevation and it would have change over in about 3 hours at the NH border.

Now there's no guarantee that the melting layer will maintain it's current pace, but that's what we're looking at verbatim.

A little ice in the snow pack might help with retention...no worries for me.

Temp up to 19 now.

Archived