joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15-16 President's Day Massacre Obs

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

flipped...looks to be about an inch and a half...the thirty to forty minutes prior was the nicest snow of the winter...best looking flakes, good rate and stacked right up in the ever short lifespan it had here in the bowels of death valley western mass

if only it could snow like that sometime for twelve hours out here...none of this crappy snow growth arctic sand etc or snow that accumulates on cartops and roofs and decks but not roads etc

do you think ZR will be a concern anywhere?  I get nervous with forecasting much ZR with no real HP to the north but some of the models are interesting with the ZR

It will be an issue for a while...but I don't think there will be enough to cause power outages or anything. More just a driving hazard.

It will be an issue for a while...but I don't think there will be enough to cause power outages or anything. More just a driving hazard.

yeah I don't think we will have power issues either due to the ZR...I'm more wondering about whether we have enough to have AM classes cancelled :lol:

I'm just amazed looking at some of the soundings and seeing the major surge of warmth aloft, however, just above the sfc the cold air remains in place for a long time...even with a screaming southerly flow.  

Anyways looks like we'll be experiencing some dry slotting now though...doing that in Danbury with a very light ZR

14.2F light snow up here.  You guys that are changing to sleet and freezing rain, my trick is to never shovel the snow with frozen still falling or freezing rain falling.  If you inland and stay in the 30's you end up with 1/4 of ice on the driveway.  Better to wait till its just starts raining and is 32F or more.  That way no ugly falls after the shovel.  One year I shoveled right after it snowed and we ended getting so much freezing rain the ice on the driveway lasted a month so I have learned to wait till the magic 32F mark.

do you think ZR will be a concern anywhere?  I get nervous with forecasting much ZR with no real HP to the north but some of the models are interesting with the ZR

Coming into this the ground is very cold after the other night.  ZR could still be happening on pavement with air  temps creeping up into the mid 30's.

Archived