joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15-16 President's Day Massacre Obs

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the types of setups where the CT Valley holds the cold the longest...southerly flow or SSE flow and not a ton of CAD in the boundary layer...all trying to hold on at the sfc. Often they'll get this really weak northerly drain right at the valley floor while up the slope 500 feet is ripping out of the SSE.

Greenfield Ice FTW

These are the types of setups where the CT Valley holds the cold the longest...southerly flow or SSE flow and not a ton of CAD in the boundary layer...all trying to hold on at the sfc. Often they'll get this really weak northerly drain right at the valley floor while up the slope 500 feet is ripping out of the SSE.

We had a storm in 2013 where it was literally in the low 50's or higher everywhere but the valley between Greenfield and Brattleboro where it never got above 35F. I had to post pics to prove how little pack we had lost.

We had a storm in 2013 where it was literally in the low 50's or higher everywhere but the valley between Greenfield and Brattleboro where it never got above 35F. I had to post pics to prove how little pack we had lost.

This is your time to shine. Simsbury too in CT.

Your area and theirs will just rot at 31-32 most of the day tomorrow,,while it's 50 in the hills by 9:00AM with screaming winds and debris flying thru the air.

By noon no sign of deep snowpack except steaming piles of dung blowing in the high dews and winds

This is your time to shine. Simsbury too in CT.

Your area and theirs will just rot at 31-32 most of the day tomorrow,,while it's 50 in the hills by 9:00AM with screaming winds and debris flying thru the air.

By noon no sign of deep snowpack except steaming piles of dung blowing in the high dews and winds

Yeah there's no way Greenfield will spike into the 50s until really late...if at all. Might be just as the frontal passage happens or right before it.

Hills will torch first. This is the opposite of those CAD setups where the CAD is defined a good 2500-3000 feet up....in those, the hills (esp east slope of ORH hills and Berks) tend to be the coldest spots while warmth actually intrudes a bit lower down.

Yeah there's no way Greenfield will spike into the 50s until really late...if at all. Might be just as the frontal passage happens or right before it.

Hills will torch first. This is the opposite of those CAD setups where the CAD is defined a good 2500-3000 feet up....in those, the hills (esp east slope of ORH hills and Berks) tend to be the coldest spots while warmth actually intrudes a bit lower down.

Yup..These are my most loathed setups.Temps will just soar all night long. Even while it's snowing it'll rise to like 28 ..an hour of zr and it's above freezing by 2:00 am.

Meanwhile the lowest valleys are still 17 with heavy zr saving their snowpack. Maybe sniffing above freezing for 1-2 hours at 35, while our snow is completely erased faster than Ginx typing wut every post

Yup..These are my most loathed setups.Temps will just soar all night long. Even while it's snowing it'll rise to like 28 ..an hour of zr and it's above freezing by 2:00 am.

Meanwhile the lowest valleys are still 17 with heavy zr saving their snowpack. Maybe sniffing above freezing for 1-2 hours at 35, while our snow is completely erased faster than Ginx typing wut every post

Why do you mourn for the living?  The snow is still here and I'll bet remnants will be too.  Get out and enjoy it man and stop posting "but it will be gone by tomorrow" every other post.

That's insane that here in southern CT on the coastal plain we are also at 18F

Damnice,  We up here IN C/NNE had several hours of bright sun this AM while down south they didn't.  I think that is why we warmed up.  Yes, you'll drop some with the snow.  I'm SW of you and temps have been dropping now that it is snowing.  Dewpoints are very low.  Question will be how long does it take to remove 12F down in the valleys.  In my area models always warm me up too fast.

14.9/5F  very light snow

Why do you mourn for the living? The snow is still here and I'll bet remnants will be too. Get out and enjoy it man and stop posting "but it will be gone by tomorrow" every other post.

miserable gonna misery over what they lose not what they have. Never understood living life like that. Some do we don't

Archived