12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just am head scratching trying to understand why folks are't excited about 3 days of snow and over 6 inches in many areas. Especially this winter

Spoiled. First we get a 10" paste bomb that came out of nowhere (one of the most scenic snows in recent memory) and now a NNE esque currier and Ives situation. Enjoy it Kev - we've been patient this winter.

I just am head scratching trying to understand why folks are't excited about 3 days of snow and over 6 inches in many areas. Especially this winter

Most of us are I think... just the usual debbie or jackpot fetish folks downplaying.

With that said, from on objective standpoint I still have a difficult seeing adv level snows for w ct from the cane. Would like more ticks today and tonight to feel more confident.

I think its got to do with the fact that this event was modeled days ago as a huge event for much of the area, or, at least, a setup which could potentially deliver feet of snow for a wide swath;  Compared to that, it might seem like  a fail (for all but easterners) . Its all about expectations no matter how unrealistic..

How much further West can this realistically come? we are 24h before the start. I know the models never caught up with the last system (which was obviously different in evolution). Any validity to the idea that the positive SST anomalies are causing storms to correct NW very late on the models?

Archived