joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just meant that western and northern areas should keep expectations in check :P

I knew what you meant, The extent of the western edge can only get so far back, But small tics NW keep pushing the precip field back as well, This storm is massive to be able to get warning snows back as far as they are with a slp track around 38/66 is pretty impressive, If this was on the BM it would be a HECS for many

It's because they haven't figured out the new climate shift where you get more than Mt Mansield

lol you love this so much.

But you are right. NNE mountains have shoveled hundreds of inches of EPS snows this year. Whenever you look at those like 10-14 day EPS means it like diverts to climo. You see the max in Maine/NH/NVT where the high terrain is and then it decreases as you head south.

Kuchera is based primarily on the max temp in the bottom 500mb of the profile. So if you're progged to be 31-33F it heavily penalizes your ratios. If it's really cold, it'll overestimate your ratios sometimes. For the former scenario...usually those 2m temps are a little too warm when it's pounding 1/4SM snow.

"Ducks and hides..."

It's true, you can really only troll areas that average more snow than you. Like there's no fun in a season I'm getting snow and trolling James because the Cape isn't. Then you just look like an arse. But trolling high annual snow areas never gets old from the coastal plain :lol:.

Archived