joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure this will correct NW a little more. Guidance appears to be behind the curve again.

I'm skeptical on a monster blockbuster but a solid warning event is definitely becoming more likely. We will have to watch the blizzard potential on the Cape and South Shore though.

Just a really nice moisture feed on tbe RGEM, long duration periods of snow for with light to moderate amounts for many interior folks, 2-4, 3-6 type amounts through 48 with more in that deform band to the east. We take. Wintry appeal followed by the Artic express. I know we need some more big boys to try and reach climo inland but it's certainly better than a week of dry/ cold or warmth/ rain/melting.

Nice shift on the GFS.  Definitely worth getting excited about for eastern areas.  Several inches of snow likely.  Higher ceiling where enhancement/coastal front/banding develops.  Regionwide heavy snow is still unlikely. 

I liked your enthusiasm until i read that last sentence

I'm pretty sure this will correct NW a little more. Guidance appears to be behind the curve again.

I'm skeptical on a monster blockbuster but a solid warning event is definitely becoming more likely. We will have to watch the blizzard potential on the Cape and South Shore though.

Like this assessment ... but with the caveat urgency with tidal concerns with the schedule spring/new moon... 

Archived