Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ravens coming in with one of the highest totals from the storm.

#maybecrushedbutprobablyslantstickinginthegrass

About the same time you made this post, I saw he posted a 5" total for Bel Air in the obs thread. But at 130 a trained spotter there reported 2. Hmm. Was NE MD pummeled, or not? Conflicting reports.

About the same time you made this post, I saw he posted a 5" total for Bel Air in the obs thread. But at 130 a trained spotter there reported 2. Hmm. Was NE MD pummeled, or not? Conflicting reports.

Trained spotters in the vicinity reported 2.0, 4.0, 4.4 between noon and 2:20 -- so it sounds like they were indeed utterly obliterated. Actually, have we heard from anyone up there since this afternoon? Getting worried.

Lesson learned...never trust 850s when the surface is above freezing near D.C.

In all honesty, lesson here is to not expect significant accumulation when temps are 33-35 unless the precip is very heavy. (Even the model runs for this event that people were going crazy over were not that heavy... .1" of liquid per hour tops.

fresh snow covers old poop. be careful out there

200.gif

Not a problem.

I gotta say that in my 8 winters here, this is easily the worst.  From 12:30 Jan 23 to 6 pm Jan 24 it was amazing.  That's just shy of 36 hours.  Outside of that, we have literally had nothing.  And I mean nothing.  There has been no other accumulating snow at my house.  So, to date, we have 36 hours of winter out of what, 70 days?  Pretty lame.

Of course there's about 5 weeks left, but if it ends like this, the verdict is in for me.  And if the next 5 are like the last 2 and half since the storm, it can't end fast enough.

Maybe WxWatcher should put me on the stone.  

I'm just hoping for an bomb of a system. Some of the 6z GFS ensembles were absolute beasts. I'm always down for a road trip. 

The UKIE has been my favorite model over the last few weeks....it is extremely wrapped up for this next event. Maybe a big cutter would help change the pattern

This stuff is becoming too funny to take seriously.

Pattern is the buzz word in this forum, that's for sure.

Archived