Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love cold blasts on the heels of one shut-out debacle that lasts up to the onset of the next driving-rain storm.

And count me in the minority, maybe, that couldn't give a rat's-ass about March snow.  It's completely useless.  No chance of accumulation during daylight hours unless it's either super heavy, or super cold... or both, and the moment the sun comes out it's gone anyway.

I'm in until JB is out.

JB doesnt even know is own analogs.  He is using 3 examples that were pretty awful for snow up 95.  94 was decent but his 2012 and 1984 examples were pretty much all rain, and then uses them as justification for 6" in the cities.  ok maybe if he spent less time ranting about how he isnt wrong or telling people what they should be happy with and more time actually just making a freaking forecast he would be better off.  I really miss the old JB from the early 2000s who would simply make a prediction and talk about the weather.  Less politics and spin.  Now its all crap and him whining about why he was right but not right or some such crap.  I like weatherbell for their maps and data and I like the stuff Joe D puts out there, but I find myself not even watching JB's stuff more often then not lately, its too annoying listening to 8 minutes of politics or complaining about what people expect just to get a nugget or two about the weather. 

JB doesnt even know is own analogs. He is using 3 examples that were pretty awful for snow up 95. 94 was decent but his 2012 and 1984 examples were pretty much all rain, and then uses them as justification for 6" in the cities. ok maybe if he spent less time ranting about how he isnt wrong or telling people what they should be happy with and more time actually just making a freaking forecast he would be better off. I really miss the old JB from the early 2000s who would simply make a prediction and talk about the weather. Less politics and spin. Now its all crap and him whining about why he was right but not right or some such crap. I like weatherbell for their maps and data and I like the stuff Joe D puts out there, but I find myself not even watching JB's stuff more often then not lately, its too annoying listening to 8 minutes of politics or complaining about what people expect just to get a nugget or two about the weather.

I would agree on all fronts. 12 years ago I knew a lot less and he was much better. Made for a better combination. I am not one to offer my political opinions but I hate his. I am not a conservative so he turns me off with his rationale.

To the jb stuff in the storm thread.

1. I don't know any other met who spends half his forecast trying to justify an old forecast.

2. Mitch your right his a analogs are rainy which is why he is so confusing when he sites them then says a pile of snow in 95 befire a change and says 6" runs up 95 plus has he even officially called off his 10" call dc to Bos or did he just stop talking about it and figure it would go away on its own? I'm not sure if he is confused about his own analogs or what but anyone reading or watching him that doesn't know those storms would think he is calling for 6" in the cities before rain. And that's not spin he said that.

Archived