Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me what is causing this radar return in upper moco? I know it's not precip. It's there all the time. Radio tower? Water tower? I've been in the area and don't recall a really tall structure out there but it's the only thing that would make sense. 

attachicon.gifradar.JPG

I could tell you but then bad people would show up at your door.  Don't want that guilt

Euro has -25C 850s... that's pretty cold. :P

But it is a quick hitter.

In all honesty I think these patterns and storms that show up on these locked in ensembles...they eventually do happen but hardly ever as advertised...the cold is almost always muted and storm tracks sure do vary in the end. I recognize them as an incredible tool for forecasting...but I'm not sure we are using them the way they are intended or at the very least...those of us listening and reading the translations aren't comprehending that info properly. Information overload is how I see it.

Hope nobody gets offended by my opinions...

In all honesty I think these patterns and storms that show up on these locked in ensembles...they eventually do happen but hardly ever as advertised...the cold is almost always muted and storm tracks sure do vary in the end. I recognize them as an incredible tool for forecasting...but I'm not sure we are using them the way they are intended or at the very least...those of us listening and reading the translations aren't comprehending that info properly. Information overload is how I see it.

Hope nobody gets offended by my opinions...

I think it is generally true that cold is over modeled at range and tends to be less dramatic in closing. This one has "warmed" slightly in closing.. but from like -29C to -24C... and -24C is nearer the top end of what we see around here these days. So... like the blizzard wasn't the time to rag on DC for having issues dealing with snow this might not be the right one to rag on models for overdoing cold. But we'll see.. could bust I suppose.

Reasoning for potential winter being done if we miss next week!

> We warm

> Cold MAY return by end of Month

> AO/NAO - look to stay positive

> We have then 2 weeks really total we COULD get lucky with a storm.. and this has not worked for us up to this point!

I think this could be our last real shot honestly!

Archived